Has anyone else's grades plummeted since lockdown?

Watch this thread
botetohotomoto
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I am extremely anxious about the exams coming up. All I want is to get into my firm choice uni. I can literally see my future crumbling apart while doing revision. I do try, I am just on a breaking point right now.

I used to do so well in GCSE, but ever since lockdown my study ethic, my overall performances at A-Levels have plummeted.
I am wondering if anyone else are experiencing the same situation. If so, if the overall grades of everyone is lower than pervious years, perhaps the unis would be more lenient in letting people in. Idk.

Thank guys
Last edited by botetohotomoto; 4 weeks ago
dreweloise
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
in my recent mocks in march my grades kind of returned back to what they were pre-covid, but definitely saw the effect in jan mocks. i think online learning had a much bigger impact on a lot of people than teachers realise, i was awful at taking any of the info in and struggled to do the work. i think it's definitely had a big impact on a lot of people though, i mean some schools have been shut for months due to covid cases with kids and teachers, so you're definitely not the only one who's felt the effects. also, not having done exams before it definitely makes these exams not feel real, and if you're anything like me i need to be stressed to revise well which just isn't happening bc it doesn't feel like actual a levels.

i think grade boundaries are going to be lower this year, with marking being more lenient as well so rather than unis being more lenient it might just be the actual exams. however, there is a big chance that lots of people will miss offers due to covid impacts so if you don't think it's gone well i would definitely be ready to phone up your firm uni on the day to see if you can still take your place, and if not, have numbers for other unis for clearing.
botetohotomoto
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dreweloise)
in my recent mocks in march my grades kind of returned back to what they were pre-covid, but definitely saw the effect in jan mocks. i think online learning had a much bigger impact on a lot of people than teachers realise, i was awful at taking any of the info in and struggled to do the work. i think it's definitely had a big impact on a lot of people though, i mean some schools have been shut for months due to covid cases with kids and teachers, so you're definitely not the only one who's felt the effects. also, not having done exams before it definitely makes these exams not feel real, and if you're anything like me i need to be stressed to revise well which just isn't happening bc it doesn't feel like actual a levels.

i think grade boundaries are going to be lower this year, with marking being more lenient as well so rather than unis being more lenient it might just be the actual exams. however, there is a big chance that lots of people will miss offers due to covid impacts so if you don't think it's gone well i would definitely be ready to phone up your firm uni on the day to see if you can still take your place, and if not, have numbers for other unis for clearing.
Yeah, I am planning to call if I don't get the grades I need. I have just been going downhill honestly. AS year I had ABC, and turns out AS grades don't even count anymore - all that counts are these exams coming up. It is so much pressure . The online learning stuff really did catalyse my downhill ngl.

I know I should have revised earlier. But yeah, ur right it just never felt real as we have never been met w a genuine threat to our academics for like 2 years straight. It didn't ever hit as much how important these exams are -- how much we could lose -- until like March/April honestly - and by then it is honestly was too late....

Let's hope we pull thru
Last edited by botetohotomoto; 4 weeks ago
username5960917
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
no they have not.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads