Turn on thread page Beta

Would you pull a chap with eyeglasses in a club? watch

ReputationRep:
    Question for the girls. Back in the day I used to go out without glasses and pull about 90% of the time. I've taken time off clubbing to focus on my work, during which time my eyesight got progressively worse. I now need glasses to see anything in any detail.

This weekend I drove out to Vegas with a few gentlemen I work with and went clubbing twice. Basically, we're all decent looking gregarious young bucks, though not models, and the two who wore eyeglasses came away empty handed while one of the non-bespectacled chaps got laid twice and the other took a girl back one night. All other things being equal, would you be majorly put off by a man in spectacles on a night out, given that they're very subtle and stylish Calvin Klein frames?

ReputationRep:
    I just remembered why the clubbing scene is completely unappealing, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    They will not be put off.

But, why wear glasses? You then can **** any girl, and imagine that she's actually incredibly hot. You might need one of your friends to point out the girls to you first though so you don't end up coming on to guys.

ReputationRep:
    'Never hit a guy with glasses.'
    'Why not?'
    'Because a bat works so much better!'

I like glasses, I find them hawt

ReputationRep:
    I definitely wouldn't be put off, I happen to find glasses quite sexy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fisherman)
    They will not be put off.

But, why wear glasses? You then can **** any girl, and imagine that she's actually incredibly hot. You might need one of your friends to point out the girls to you first though so you don't end up coming on to guys.
    lol

Maybe I should just get contacts. Sounds like a decent solution.

ReputationRep:
    'Subtle' glasses tend to, imo, look rather geeky. The only way a guy can pull off glasses (again imo) is to wear frames that make a statement; so plastic frames, ideally.

I personally wouldn't go for a guy in specs, unless, he's absolutely stunning and has a particular 'style'.

ReputationRep:
    they can only get girls but you can read

ReputationRep:
    Dude, stop blaming the glasses, and think about how times have changed, and how you might act on the dancefloor. In the end, you will be able to pull not because of your glasses (or lack of) but because you will be someone who someone else will want a piece of.

ReputationRep:
    errr why would it make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    If they're not put of by your glasses your attitude and the way you come across out to do it.

ReputationRep:
    It might also be a cultural difference. When I lived in the UK I went up to birds, offered to shake their hands, kissed them on the hand, and then stared grinding them. Maybe that doesn't fly in the US.

ReputationRep:
    glasses don't make a difference! if they're hot they're hot, if not then no...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bret)
    It might also be a cultural difference. When I lived in the UK I went up to birds, offered to shake their hands, kissed them on the hand, and then stared grinding them. Maybe that doesn't fly in the US.

You have to be more forward with US girls, skip shaking/kissing their hands, just go right up to them, get your tool out, and start having sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes wear glasses going out if I want to give my contact lenses a rest. It doesn't stop me getting pulled ever. Just be confident in yourself and don't act gawky

ReputationRep:
    Not if he called them 'eyeglasses'.

ReputationRep:
    Blame the picky Vegas whores. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely not be put off by glasses. 2 guys I happen to find insanely good looking wear glasses.

ReputationRep:
    "eyeglasses" Lol

ReputationRep:
    Glasses are fine.

Perhaps it is the attitude that is driving the women away?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.