AxV22
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am in third year and I submitted my dissertation after getting a week's extension online, and submitted it and it got a Turntin receipt just fine but then when I resubmitted the same file still on time now there is a Turntin error? Does this mean my work won't be marked? It already says ready to mark and that it was submitted on time but this Turntin issue has me panicking like crazy and since submission days are stupidly on Fridays, I can't get any help until Monday and I leave the country on Tuesday. Please someone let me know if this has happened to them because I'm freaking out.
Last edited by AxV22; 1 month ago
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AxV22)
...submitted it and it got a Turntin receipt just fine but then when I resubmitted the same file...
Why did you resubmit the same file?

You say "now there is a Turnitin error"; what was that error? What did it actually say?

The reason I ask is the this article on the Turnitin site says that a 'self-match" is excluded from the report by default "to allow users to make draft submissions without papers matching themselves".

The same article says that, "If required, instructors can exclude any self-match (from the report)".

My reading of this article is that (a) the resubmission should have been identified as being "self matching" and (b) if Turnitin didn't automatically exclude that match from the report, then that can be done retrospectively.

It's natural to worry. However, you've done nothing wrong and even a cursory review of the evidence will confirm that fact.
Brenda hurst
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
my friend encountered this but I helped him with editing again and my Turnitin logins. but you don't need to worry it will be alright. which course are you doing?
Anamps
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It will be okay. You can also email your teacher about the issue
essymarie
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Once you have passed your work through grammarly, I don't see the need of passing it through Turnitin
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by essymarie)
Once you have passed your work through grammarly, I don't see the need of passing it through Turnitin
For most if not all online submissions universities require students to submit them to Turnitin.
cheadle
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It depends how the assignment has been set up. Whether it's for "one submission only" or "can submit multiple times up till the submission deadline". I would contact Digital Skills or whoever manages that side of things at the uni, who can check your submission. You want to know (a) that your dissertation has been accepted and (b) if the second submission has overridden the first.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
:ditto:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (12)
32.43%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (16)
43.24%
First aid skills (2)
5.41%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (6)
16.22%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads