I need advice or some sort of consultation?!

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm 16 so I'm doing my GCSEs right now. The thoughts in my head should not be spiraling out of control right now but it clearly is affecting me so I need advice.

So a few years ago, I had this extremely close friend of mine for over a year to who I felt really connected and it's been a while but I remember very clearly that I was very problematic but this person was genuinely the most chill person out there. If someone could embody water it would probably be her! I remember even back then she was really pretty but I feel like she was sort of insecure with life and her appearance just like me I guess so I felt like we were pretty similar (this is important later on...). We drifted apart over time due to situations like fights within the friend group and her making friends out of the friend group which she sort of ditched the friend group for but I don't really blame her. Like at all. But I felt really upset after she did this but I got over it in a way pretty quickly.

However recently I see her everywhere and I can't avoid her at all (she's in one of my main subjects) and I guess something really wrong with me because after a few years I only realised now how pretty and confident she's become?

Now I did contemplate whether I liked her in a more intimate way but that's clearly not the reason because I always have mixed emotions when it comes to her such as...

1. Sometimes I dislike her
2. Sometimes I want to talk to her
3. Sometimes I get jealous of her
4. Sometimes I wonder why she changed or if she's always been like that.
5. Sometimes I feel insecure and inferior because of her and I don't know why because I've barely spoken to her these past years!

I'm pretty sure I have an inferiority complex here and I really don't want to, it's really affecting my mood, exam prep and I always feel guilty if I have any bad thoughts because she's a great person so can someone sort of 'diagnose' my problem against her.

Also please don't leave any rude messages. I already know I'm trash for this, I just need advice on how to solve this :'
baddielations
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm 16 so I'm doing my GCSEs right now. The thoughts in my head should not be spiraling out of control right now but it clearly is affecting me so I need advice.

So a few years ago, I had this extremely close friend of mine for over a year to who I felt really connected and it's been a while but I remember very clearly that I was very problematic but this person was genuinely the most chill person out there. If someone could embody water it would probably be her! I remember even back then she was really pretty but I feel like she was sort of insecure with life and her appearance just like me I guess so I felt like we were pretty similar (this is important later on...). We drifted apart over time due to situations like fights within the friend group and her making friends out of the friend group which she sort of ditched the friend group for but I don't really blame her. Like at all. But I felt really upset after she did this but I got over it in a way pretty quickly.

However recently I see her everywhere and I can't avoid her at all (she's in one of my main subjects) and I guess something really wrong with me because after a few years I only realised now how pretty and confident she's become?

Now I did contemplate whether I liked her in a more intimate way but that's clearly not the reason because I always have mixed emotions when it comes to her such as...

1. Sometimes I dislike her
2. Sometimes I want to talk to her
3. Sometimes I get jealous of her
4. Sometimes I wonder why she changed or if she's always been like that.
5. Sometimes I feel insecure and inferior because of her and I don't know why because I've barely spoken to her these past years!

I'm pretty sure I have an inferiority complex here and I really don't want to, it's really affecting my mood, exam prep and I always feel guilty if I have any bad thoughts because she's a great person so can someone sort of 'diagnose' my problem against her.

Also please don't leave any rude messages. I already know I'm trash for this, I just need advice on how to solve this :'
Honestly, if it's affecting you that much, I strongly suggest you try talking to her, just pull her to the side and try to get some type of closure. From what you've said she seems lovely so maybe just talking to her could be the answer to your problems.
And the inferiority complex, I don't think anyone on tsr could diagnose that tbh.
Hope it all goes well for youu and ur exams too x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads