Changing Results on University Transcript

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I’m currently studying a foundation year at a Uni in the UK & I applied to some Unis using my foundation year to get onto the first year of the course. However for one of these unis I’ve missed the required mark by 2%. If I were to change the results of the transcript (by using the inspect feature on google chrome) would I be caught. All I have been asked for is the transcript so I’m unsure on how they would even know which is why I’m tempted. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Brenda hurst
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
my friend was cought trying to change the transcript but it didn't went well for her
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Before you seriously consider going down this path, I suggest you review the services offered by Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) service which "offers a centralised system for degree verification that connects employers, agencies, universities, embassies and councils."

Although HEDD don't talk specifically about verifying a Foundation Year, they may cover it anyway, and there may also be other similar services out there.

We should probably touch on the moral argument too. Would you really be happy to cheat your way onto a degree course, and potentially deny another candidate who did meet the entry criteria a place?
Brenda hurst
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
that's cool
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
Before you seriously consider going down this path, I suggest you review the services offered by Higher Education Degree Datacheck (HEDD) service which "offers a centralised system for degree verification that connects employers, agencies, universities, embassies and councils."

Although HEDD don't talk specifically about verifying a Foundation Year, they may cover it anyway, and there may also be other similar services out there.

We should probably touch on the moral argument too. Would you really be happy to cheat your way onto a degree course, and potentially deny another candidate who did meet the entry criteria a place?
Alright thank you. And yeah I understand the moral question. It is unfair on another candidate who deserved it more than me. It’s just I missed the offer by so little and it has crushed me for the last few days. But I won’t do it. I have other options available. It was just a thought I had
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads