Cutting the study load

Watch this thread
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
As I got eight modules exempted upon entry (my uni is outside UK), and I didn’t do too well when I did five modules in the past 2 terms, so I am thinking to cut my study load like this:
Summer term 2022: 1 module
Fall term 2022 to Spring term 2025 except Fall term 2023: 5 modules > 4 modules

As I feel that if I do 4, I have more time per module and there will be less knock on effects due to struggles in one module. I will learn everything from two modules beforehand, while having continued revision on them in the rest of the semester. I will spend more time on the other two modules, so it’s 30/30/20/20 for the four modules. I can be able to do well with this.
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I may retain at 5 now, as I may minor physics. I was my secondary school’s inaugural IAL dux for Physics with a score of 571/600 UMS, despite doing the unit 4 exam after just six weeks of prep (and getting 100/120), and did a physics module at university BEFORE ENTRY. I also picked up 85/100 in M1 in the January 2021 series, despite only starting to learn the stuff in November 2020!

I have also made a couple of Physics related threads on hkitalk, a transport forum, talking about how those things work on buses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
25.68%
As I expected (60)
32.79%
Harder (68)
37.16%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.37%

Watched Threads