Northumbria University accommodation: which to choose

Watch this thread
Jeun8
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I am an international student who will commence my study for Bar course this coming September but not sure which accommodation to choose.I had NewBridge Street, Winn studios and Trinity Square in my mind because I want to get an ensuite bedroom, but I saw on google review Winn studio management isn't that great. I was looking forward to Trinity Square because it is cheaper and every flat has its own washing machine so that I could save on laundry cost but the distance may be an issue, although there is metro nearby. Any good recommendations?
Nataliec1607
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 days ago
Hey there, I'm a second-year student and have some friends who stayed in Winn and Trinity square in first year. Winn studios is pretty good in terms of being close to campus and the city centre as well as making friends. However, the rooms themselves are not amazing quality but its manageable. My friends had issues with water leaking through their window during heavy rain and the heaters not working especially during winter where Newcastle can be extremely cold.
As for trinity square, the only issue my friend had with that place was the distance but he used the metro so it was quite convenient. It is located away from the city so if a little bit of travelling is not an issue for you then this might be a better choice. There is also a large supermarket below!

I hope this helped a little bit and if you have questions, feel free to ask and i can try to answer
Anonymous #1
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by Nataliec1607)
As for trinity square, the only issue my friend had with that place was the distance but he used the metro so it was quite convenient. It is located away from the city so if a little bit of travelling is not an issue for you then this might be a better choice. There is also a large supermarket below!
just to add something to this, trinity’s security aren’t great and the building is HOT. there is literally like no ventilation i fainted many times from the humid heat, and it feels airtight.
the location is not great i’d say, spending money on travel is annoying too as metro prices constantly increase.
i wouldn’t say it’s worth the price and quality and many agree from others opinions here.
maintenance aren’t that great either.

i’d say the best accommodations are ones that are private, they are usually cheaper too. portland green, the shield, nido the bridge, quay point and other unite ones etc. quay point and the shield are lovely and quay point is super social if that’s your thing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads