Feeling depressed

Watch this thread
Apolina66
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Can I be depressed without wanting to do anything harmful? Like I don’t get the urge to do anything harmful but I feel extremely stuck and low I won’t get out of the house , brush my teeth do my hair shower wash my face change clothes etc if I don’t have a reason to go out . Yet my family all do that even when they’re staying in. I just feel fed up with everything
WillowGW
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Yes
ollo52
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yeah you can be. Everyone feels depression differently but the common symptoms are low mood, loss of interest in things you used to enjoy, changes in appetite, feeling worthless or excessively guilty, sleeping too much or too little, crying more often, poor concentration, restlessness etc.

I'm not sure if you're just depressed because of stress or overwork or something bad happened or if you're depressed everyday. But either way I recommend talking to someone, whether it be a friend, family, counsellor, teacher etc. If you are unable to, there are a lot of reddit forums, amino groups, discord groups even some phonelines to talk to. You can even talk to me if you'd like 😅 Other ways to boost happiness are going outside in nature, excercise, sleeping enough, do what you love if you have the energy etc.

No shade, but it's likely your family is just lazy 😅 but if they do show signs of depression too, you can talk to them about it 🤷*♀️ maybe offer help or ask them to seek help

Anyway I hope you'll be ok! It's alright to feel this way! Just remember that you don't have to experience this on your own, there are people here to support you! ❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (7)
28%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (11)
44%
First aid skills (2)
8%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
16%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4%

Watched Threads