Rotterdam School of Management MBA VS Alliance Manchester MBA

Watch this thread
pragyajoshi28
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been offered a place in the Full-time MBA program of RSM and Alliance Manchester. Which MBA is considered more prestigious?? I have no location barrier and wish to work abroad for 3-4 years. Which location has relatively more career opportunities after completing MBA?I have 7 years of experience i.e 1.5 years of working as a Programmer Analyst in Cognizant and about 5.5 years of experience as a credit manager and foreign exchange manager in a PSU bank.
cuteenatha
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
If you are fluent in Dutch, you can go to RSM. If not, then stay in an English speaking country. You may be able to land a job in the Netherlands after school but it won't be a significant role. In order to get an MBA level job, you need to be proficient in the local language of the school/country you'll be living in.
pragyajoshi28
Rep:
I am not fluent in Dutch. In terms of brand value which B school is recognized more??
cuteenatha
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by pragyajoshi28)
I am not fluent in Dutch. In terms of brand value which B school is recognized more??
Of course it's RSM but I'm saying you (who is looking for great career opportunities) will get better opportunities and a higher paying job in the UK from AMBS due to your lack of fluency in the local language. At the end of the day, the high paying companies would rather pick your dutch speaking classmates over those who can't speak the language and due to your lack of fluency in the language, you may not have the upper hand of negotiating a higher salary or a higher job position.
pragyajoshi28
Rep:
Thank you for your insights. Yes not speaking Dutch would be a huge disadvantage and UK job market is also bigger as compared to Netherlands job market.
I looked at world rankings, FT ranking in particular. I have seen a decrease in RSM ranking with each passing year while Alliance MBA is better ranked than RSM MBA. Kindly share your take on this.
(Original post by cuteenatha)
Of course it's RSM but I'm saying you (who is looking for great career opportunities) will get better opportunities and a higher paying job in the UK from AMBS due to your lack of fluency in the local language. At the end of the day, the high paying companies would rather pick your dutch speaking classmates over those who can't speak the language and due to your lack of fluency in the language, you may not have the upper hand of negotiating a higher salary or a higher job position.
cuteenatha
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I just checked the FT ranking! Wow! I'm so shocked to see how far RSM has fallen over the years. Manchester it is then! I'm sure you'll enjoy it
Any800
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
RSM is better recognised globally than Manchester. What matters is reputation and not just "a simple" ranking that changes year to year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads