I always draw my mechanisms + intermediates in pencil

Watch this thread
Rara345
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
For organic synthesis in chem. Is that okay for the actual exam? Surely if they can read pencil on graphs, they can read it normally too?
Thanks.
Student5cience
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Good question I hope someone answers
Rara345
Rep:
(Original post by Student5cience)
Good question I hope someone answers
Thanks haha I'm guessing you;re in similar position (replying bc im interested and also it will get more attraction to thread) Are you doing a level chem?
I use to do my calculations in pencil as well
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah AQA wbu what did u apply for
Rara345
Rep:
Yeah AQA wbu what did u apply for
I do edexcel chem. You mean apply for at uni? Medicine, wby? Are you using the pre-release thing from your exam boards?
Student5cience
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Rara345 pharmacy yeah I’m only focusing on the pre-release. I only need a B. Good look four ur exams
Rara345
Rep:
Rara345 pharmacy yeah I’m only focusing on the pre-release. I only need a B. Good look four ur exams
thx you too
16Stars
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Rara345)
For organic synthesis in chem. Is that okay for the actual exam? Surely if they can read pencil on graphs, they can read it normally too?
Thanks.
I had an as exam yesterday and drew an enthalpy diagram in pencil, you have me thinking now, I thought drawing diagrams and stuff like that was ok with pencil. Edit: I just checked a pasty paper and it says you can use a pencil when drawing graphs etc
Last edited by 16Stars; 4 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It should usually explain on the front how you are to answer and if diagrams etc should be drawn in pen or pencil.

You can always draw in pencil initially and then when you're certain it's correct go over in pen, unless directed otherwise - note that they may in fact state you must complete it in pen so do be sure to actually read the frontmatter on the exam (and familiarise yourself with how it worked in previous years).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads