Home schooled

Watch this thread
Mallyally98
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone here being home schooled or independently learning their A-levels? Particularly chemistry. How do you go about the practical assessment without a school or college?
TIA
Abdul Razaka
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
How to pass my senior 4 exam
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mallyally98)
Anyone here being home schooled or independently learning their A-levels? Particularly chemistry. How do you go about the practical assessment without a school or college?
TIA
Why do you want it? For a university application? Could you try contacting the uni and explain your situation and tell them that you can't realistically do all the practical required to pass the CPAC and would they consider your application without the CPAC pass?
Mallyally98
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pigster)
Why do you want it? For a university application? Could you try contacting the uni and explain your situation and tell them that you can't realistically do all the practical required to pass the CPAC and would they consider your application without the CPAC pass?
It’s to get into veterinary medicine, I suppose I could ask them… I passed every other science practical when I did my a-levels years ago.
I guess I’d just rather go about it the proper route…
Pigster
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Mallyally98)
It’s to get into veterinary medicine, I suppose I could ask them… I passed every other science practical when I did my a-levels years ago.
I guess I’d just rather go about it the proper route…
Given the number of home-schooled students there are then there probably are organisation that offer intensive courses, but I'd bet they'd be in major urban centres, e.g. London. There would be a cost involved for this. Probably quite a high one.

But equally so, universities must be able to take into consideration home-schools students who live in the sticks and can't get to somewhere who offer it and/or students who can't afford the costs involved. Rather than "I suppose", just give them a call. You won't be the 1st person to ask about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (56)
26.17%
As I expected (68)
31.78%
Harder (82)
38.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.74%

Watched Threads