I'm in year 13, took math-science a levels, but now I want to do architecture...

Watch this thread
Jimbob5775
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been changing my career path too often recently. I really hate how I can't decide what to do. I took math, biology and chemistry thinking I'll be doing dentistry but now I want to apply to architecture through clearing, realising I hated teeth. I really don't know what to do, my exams are coming up and I'm stressed that I'll have nowhere to go. Thanks for your help guys.
Sophie47
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
have you checked grade requirements for architecture? If they don't want anything specific then your a-levels shouldn't hold you back from an architecture degree if that's what you want to do
PastelColours
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
focus on your a levels and take a gap year and reapply to architecture
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Jimbob5775)
I've been changing my career path too often recently. I really hate how I can't decide what to do. I took math, biology and chemistry thinking I'll be doing dentistry but now I want to apply to architecture through clearing, realising I hated teeth. I really don't know what to do, my exams are coming up and I'm stressed that I'll have nowhere to go. Thanks for your help guys.
Don't stress and stay focused on your A levels. You can consider your options once your A levels are over.

An architecture degree is around 50% design so you need to be creative. Even if there are places in clearing, you will need to have a portfolio ready to submit on the day. One option is to take an art foundation course for a year at a further education college. The link below takes you to a thread about this with good advice from an architecture lecurer. Seriously consider a year out to determine what you really want to do rather than rushing into something that you may regret. Architecture is a big commitment - it takes eight years to qualify fully and that includes five years at uni.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7133652

https://arb.org.uk/student-informati...dent-handbook/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (1)
20%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (4)
80%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads