Where shall I get the information to make flashcards for GCSEs?

Watch this thread
NathJA
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m Y10, going to make some flashcards for y11 but where do I get the information from? CGP Textbooks, the specification, my workbooks, Seneca, bbc bitesize?
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
All you need realistically is the textbook/CGP book and the specification.

The specification so that you know you’re testing yourself on what’s necessary in the topic. The text book so that you can find the required information, and learn it. You could also make flashcards from past papers on questions you get wrong.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think you're coming at this backwards. The aim isn't "produce flashcards", it's "get good marks in my exams at the end of the course."

How are you going to achieve that in a way which works for you? If you do an exam right now, why aren't you getting good marks? What is it that you haven't learned and need to? Those are the things you put on your flashcards, assuming they're facts (if they're e.g. maths techniques then flashcards will be about as much use as a chocolate teapot - you need understanding then, not rote learning). It doesn't matter whether you get them from the spec, your textbook, your class notes, exam paper markschemes...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads