I don’t know whether to leave sixth form to go to college

Watch this thread
X.kaylem.X
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I’m in year 12 at my secondary school’s sixth form, towards the end of the year now, and I absolutely hate it there. I don’t like my subjects, I have pretty much no friends, I hate being nagged and treated like a kid by teachers. But I’ve heard from my friends from secondary school, that went to college, that college is a lot more relaxed and you’re more independent and the subjects I’m actually interested in meet my GCSE entry requirements (as they didn’t at my sixth form), so is it a good idea to leave sixth form and start in college in September? I just don’t want to feel as if I’ve wasted a year. And also I know I would get the first year there free, as I’ll be 17-18 but will I get the second year free, my birthday is may so I will turn 19 right before the end of the A-Levels?
Any advice is much appreciated
Btw I currently do, Biology, Geography and a Btec in applied science and I want to do Law, Sociology and something else I’m not quite sure yet and my GCSEs are:
Combine Science (7-7), Geography (6), maths (4), English lang (4), literature (4), German (4), RE (4) and Food (pass 2)
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
You are always going to be better off taking subjects you actually want to do, but you should seriously consider whether it's a good idea to switch from subjects which all correspond to your better GCSEs to essay subjects at A level, given that you barely passed your writing-related GCSEs.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
You've only got 1 year left of the A Levels. Can't you just stick it out? How are your grades doing?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed