Is my handwriting legible urgent

Watch this thread
BURNER5323232
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Can you guys read my handwriting and do you think examiners will be able to?

randomperson321
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
elin994
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I have the same problem haha but yeah as someone with bad handwriting, I could easily see the marker getting frustrated pretty quickly with that 😅 might want to write a little slower if possible
ROTL94 2
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Just write in block caps if you're concerned about legibility, does wonders for me and I am dyspraxic.
Son of the Sea
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m sorry, no. Thought a lot of it was Chinese characters when I first skimmed over it. You don’t want to frustrate an examiner who is straining and struggling to decipher it.
Last edited by Son of the Sea; 4 weeks ago
Ben3099
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't read it
sufys
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by BURNER5323232)

(...)
No. The examiners probably won't be able to.

I have a similar issue with my handwriting and sometimes cannot read it myself...
Rohan15
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
can't read it lol
JosephJ1234
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
cant read a word mate
Max1989
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes although not every word but I'm very good at reading handwriting and I struggled, you need to take your time more whist writing which I know is a challenge under pressure, your letters are too bunched, focus on sticking to the line and giving each letter it's own equal space in a word

Examiners will also struggle and if there's a few words they don't understand they won't get the full meaning and you'll lose marks
Last edited by Max1989; 4 weeks ago
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I can't read it. It's illegible in a very weird way - to me the biggest problem is that your handwriting is sloped strangely and the letters don't look like they should, my brain had a hard time even recognising it was written in Latin script. It's not the neatness that's the problem, is what I'm saying, it's specifically the way you're writing. (idk if that makes it better or worse)

They will make a reasonable effort to understand your script, and if need be involve one or more other people. If multiple people cannot read it (and some will be very used to almost indecipherable handwriting) then you may lose marks.
Last edited by _gcx; 4 weeks ago
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I've spent the last few years tutoring so I can make out singular words and a few sentences, but I'm straining to read it as a whole. The letters seem to merge together.
My concern would be that an examiner may misread you work and struggle to understand the structure of your answer, deducting marks.
I'd try and adapt your writing if possible, but I understand that it's hard - I had to learn how to write 3 times before my work was legible and now people always comment on how beautiful my presentation is, but I do have dyspraxia.
Last edited by Indililam1; 4 weeks ago
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
The numbers are okay, but I find the words very difficult to decipher - some of them I can't tell what the individual letters are supposed to be even if I concentrate on them one at a time.
_gcx
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Btw I also have dyspraxia, I've managed to practice and get a style that isn't neat or aesthetically pleasing and is very scratchy, but should be legible to most people. I've found using pens with very sharp nibs helps a lot and focusing so that even if singular letters aren't legible, they are easily interpolated. I think you will need to practice a lot, there's no other way about it.

I've never written full essays by hand, but I wrote my A-level physics which had some essay questions and written in my university exams with expected marks.
Last edited by _gcx; 4 weeks ago
Indililam1
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by _gcx)
Btw I also have dyspraxia, I've managed to practice and get a style that isn't neat or aesthetically pleasing and is very scratchy, but should be legible to most people. I've found using pens with very sharp nibs helps a lot and focusing so that even if singular letters aren't legible, they are easily interpolated. I think you will need to practice

I've never written full essays by hand, but I wrote my A-level physics which had some essay questions and written in my university exams with expected marks.
Agreed. To add on to this - also dyspraxic and I find bic biros put the least amount of pressure on my wrists when writing essays, although I'm still in agony by the end of it. I also find pencils easier to use, but obviously they're not appropriate for exams.
Last edited by Indililam1; 4 weeks ago
aliaa03
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
also dyspraxic, i can’t really read your handwriting, i think bloc capitals would be better or maybe try setting aside 10 mins everyday to practise your handwriting.
BURNER5323232
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thanks for all of the responses guys my teachers actually identified this as a problem in my last mocks so thankfully I am able to use a laptop for my exams however I was just curious if it would be legible to examiners since I prefer writing my exams with pen and paper
sufys
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for all of the responses guys my teachers actually identified this as a problem in my last mocks so thankfully I am able to use a laptop for my exams however I was just curious if it would be legible to examiners since I prefer writing my exams with pen and paper
I'm also allowed a laptop and prefer pen and paper. My handwriting is more legible than that though...
itslitbro
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I didn't know you studied Greek
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Sorry but no. I thought it was a different language at first glance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.02%
As I expected (65)
33.16%
Harder (72)
36.73%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.08%

Watched Threads