Edexcel GCSE Chemistry Exam

Watch this thread
Anonymous_abc
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey, I sat the GCSE chemistry exam yesterday and it didn’t go too well. It wasn’t awful but I feel quite defeated and disappointed. I’ve always been achieving grade 9’s (the most I’ve ever dropped in a mock is 4 marks) so this exam was quite annoying. Can anyone remember any of the questions and what they put and how can I make myself feel better. I really wanted to do a level chemistry, biology and maths but I feel so defeated and like I don’t even want to sit the second chemistry paper. I know I’ve only had one bad exam but I feel so rubbish :/
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I am in A Levels sorry I can't help you with this but all I can say. The grade boundaries are usually low so where normally you would score a B grade at 70% you can easily score an A. I wish you all the best and I really hope you get an A*.
Rena66
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I get you, I was getting 9s as well and had a lot of confidence for the exam especially after I thought I was decent at the biology one. I'm pretty sure everyone struggled with this exam though and when I opened that paper and realised I had no idea what I was doing on that first question I almsot cried right there and then. In the end, everyone I knew also struggled on that exam so your not the only one. Besides, grade boundaries are pretty low and even losing more than 10 marks can get you a 9. Don't let this pull you down, you still have another paper and your academics doesn't define you. You may feel terrible now but I'm certain you've done much better than you think you might have after all if your consistently getting 9s then you're definitely doing well. You've got this! Good luck for the rest of your exams, you'll do great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads