AQA A Level psychology paper 2 approaches

Watch this thread
anon25x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
In the Tutor2U topic companion it talks about how the evidence for the existence of Maslow’s hierarchy thin which is expected from an approach that disputes the validity of empirical research and how there's some validation provided by clinical data, with some surprising confirmation from the realm of management studies (Maslow, 1965; Rogers and Roethlisberger, 1982).

Can anyone explain this in simple terms please?And what is the realm of management studies?
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anon25x)
In the Tutor2U topic companion it talks about how the evidence for the existence of Maslow’s hierarchy thin which is expected from an approach that disputes the validity of empirical research and how there's some validation provided by clinical data, with some surprising confirmation from the realm of management studies (Maslow, 1965; Rogers and Roethlisberger, 1982).

Can anyone explain this in simple terms please?And what is the realm of management studies?
I think there are exam questions and mark schemes out there on evaluating the different approaches (definitely recommend finding them as they're literally what examiners are looking for)
but how I understand it:
- there's not a lot of evidence for the hierarchy as it's all abstract and personal/individual (which was expected due to that being its nature)
- not a lot of empirical evidence as it focusses on qualitative methods like diaries rather than scientific methodology. the clinical data bit - it must have worked/been successful for some people so there's evidence it works
- realm is like a field or area eg the field of psychology. management studies I think like is like organising people based off their strengths and managing their personal resources. getting people to work together to get the outcome you want by using their resources well.
hope that helped?
anon25x
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anon033)
I think there are exam questions and mark schemes out there on evaluating the different approaches (definitely recommend finding them as they're literally what examiners are looking for)
but how I understand it:
- there's not a lot of evidence for the hierarchy as it's all abstract and personal/individual (which was expected due to that being its nature)
- not a lot of empirical evidence as it focusses on qualitative methods like diaries rather than scientific methodology. the clinical data bit - it must have worked/been successful for some people so there's evidence it works
- realm is like a field or area eg the field of psychology. management studies I think like is like organising people based off their strengths and managing their personal resources. getting people to work together to get the outcome you want by using their resources well.
hope that helped?
ty! I can't believe I paid sm for something I can't even understand lmao
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anon25x)
ty! I can't believe I paid sm for something I can't even understand lmao
that's why I avoided paying for stuff like that - I used to use "simply psychology" and YouTube bc they were both free lol. and I went through all of the past papers - AS and A Level. good luck with exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads