How are A-level papers marked? (Economics)

Watch this thread
WildTeacup444
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi! I did my first Microeconomics paper last week. My technique is to work through the paper back to front, because it just works out for me since I’m less stressed when I’ve got the harder questions out of the way. The only problem is I used 2 additional booklets, and although I labelled each start of the question correctly, I’m just paranoid about how they mark our papers!

For one question, I ended up writing on the first additional booklet, and then continuing it onto the 2nd one. So in essence, my response was on 3 booklets! (Actual Paper, Additional Booklet 1, Additional Booklet 2). I read somewhere that examiners for essay subjects only mark like one question each and I’m really worried about them only having access to half of my answer due to my unconventional way of answering the questions

Can anyone put my mind at ease?
jjxton
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
did you write any notes on how to read your answers? like *finished on other booklet* etc.
WildTeacup444
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jjxton)
did you write any notes on how to read your answers? like *finished on other booklet* etc.
Yes I wrote “—> See Additional Booklet—>” underneath on the main paper. I also labelled each additional booklet as 1 and 2.
jjxton
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by WildTeacup444)
Yes I wrote “—> See Additional Booklet—>” underneath on the main paper. I also labelled each additional booklet as 1 and 2.
you should be fine then, if you labled where to look everything is fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads