The Student Room Group

Feel like nobody likes me

I have had social anxiety since I was a kid and felt like people hate me, I was bullied at school as well and have tr auma around that like I hate being looked at and I get anxious in groups and I am afraid for people to get to know me.

Moved into a new flat and it seemed ok at first but then one person who is the main owner doesn’t seem to like me at all and is very cold with me, but very nice with everyone else. They go out at the weekends and don’t invite me. I try to be nice but I am more introverted and worried about being judged by them.

I don’t know what to do? It’s triggering me and I feel like I should disappear or like they’re going to gang up on me at some point or gossip about me

We are all adults like mid-late twenties or early 30s
Hiya, I hope you are okay and im sorry you had to deal with that. Honestly try to filter out the people who arent good for you. There is a difference between being alone and being lonely. You can be alone and still be happy because that solitude can give you solace. I would rather have no friends than be friends with people I dont think actually like me. Its okay to not fit in with everyone.

Side note: they may not actually hate you! sometimes our minds make up things and tats not your fault. its important to fade out that kind of mindset though.

I'd recommend checking our Dr Julie Smith's advice with general mental health <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending