Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OP, he likes your friend, but slept with you just because he could and you didn't say no. You need to step back from your situation and realise that this is a terrible way to be treated. I had sex with the first person who asked me when I was 15, and others, so I'm not judging you, but now that I'm 20 i can see that this was such a self destructive way to behave, and you will feel such little self worth if you carry on like this, and tbh your friends will judge you, especially if you pursue/carry on talking about this dipsh!t. Distance yourself from this user, and try to respect, and like, yourself more than you do right now, because other people will take advantage of you if you let them see your (i know this is a cruel word, sorry) desperation. Don't live with regrets, just carry on in a better way.

ReputationRep:
    I took a virginity on a one night stand.

Unfortunately she didn't tell me till afterwards.

Felt bad.

ReputationRep:
    OP, you need to work on building up your self worth and self-esteem. You sound like a sweet person, and this guy clearly doesn't deserve you!

I was struck by the way you seemed to keep apologising for yourself, and making self-deprecating jokes, esp about your body, asking the guy if he regretted it, worrying that you weren't good enough, that you were the last person in your school etc...so I think confidence is the big issue here.

But pls don't go back to this guy, although he was honest with you, he still got you drunk and took advantage...he sounds incredibly selfish

ReputationRep:
    That was a short novel.

I'm really sorry OP. The guy seems like a real ****. The fact that you liked him and he's not really interested in you and you were a virgin should have turned him off.

You have lost your virginity, nothing you can do about that, but you can still learn from the experience. Never let yourself be sweet talked into anything like this again.

Honest advice: get over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm the last person in my school year to have sex - I know I am. And when I did, look how it ended up...
    i havent read ALL the responses, but seriously, dont beat yourself up about it so much. in the grand scheme of things, sex doesnt really matter. you WILL get a boyfriend eventually, then you'll probably find that theres alot more to sex than just the act. you shouldnt have to feel like you need to prove yourself to some skank who took advantage of you

ReputationRep:
    Same. Just forget about it and be more sensible next time, you obviously aren't a "one-night stand" person so just know what you want and remind yourself of it next time.The same happened me but I didn't put much thought into it. No point in regrets now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Everything in life is an experience.
    What an incredibly profound statement. Life changing.

ReputationRep:
    It's happened - try to remember that you can't change it.
    Let it eat you for a couple of days and then cut it out.
    Find something positive (e.g. when you have sex with the next person you want to it won't be as weird as not as much pain) and hang on to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    My first time wasn't special in any way whatsoever. But I did learn from it. I learned more about myself and what I wanted. Everything in life is an experience.
    i could never agree more - very well put

I don't remember my first time at all... but at least it means that I didn't have the added attachment of first time to make any relationships harder to end.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry you had to go through that, at least you're being honest with how you felt about it instead of trying to kid yourself into thinking it was good.

I guess you've learnt from the experience and so if something like that happens again you should remember how you felt before and perhaps know slightly better how to act.

In my opinion you'd be better off steering clear of that guy, he obviously felt kind of bad about what he was doing but still went ahead with it just so he could have sex - that fact that you told him you were a virgin probably just made him want it more. That means he was putting his own immediate feelings before yours. He's only had a bit of a weird night whereas you've had a bad experience of your first time. Try not to have anything to do with guys who don't care in the slightest - unless you don't care either. Otherwise you'll just end up getting hurt.

ReputationRep:
    sooo, did you get the fiver then??

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if you are too drunk, it can be classed as rape.

He isn't worth it! Stop worrying about it, have some confidence, put this behind you, it was an experience so let it be - let it teach you something about who you are. There was no need to tell the whole story on here :/ keep things more special.

ReputationRep:
    And wow you lasted till uni for your first pull?? I was like 10 lol. So go you =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chaywa)
    tl;dr
    Sex is overrated
    Welcome to the real world

Hear Hear

I've just found that people replied to this a few weeks ago.

It's quite strange - as much as I regret what happened, I've forgotten about it and it was an experience - I still have to put up with jokes from my friends but I have learned something.

And, no, I didn't get the fiver

Thanks everyone for helping me when I was in a bad state

ReputationRep:
    Can't be arsed to read all that but unless you were raped it's your own fault

ReputationRep:
    OP is a troll. Not very imaginative either, as s/he has resorted to patching together previous troll posts into one huge fun filled post.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.