The Student Room Group

Disability Support Allowance and Changing Name

I need to do my DSA application for my second year. I don't need any changes to my DSA support. I have looked online and there are several forms but it isn't clear which one I should complete. I am studying part time through the Open University.
Also I got married a month ago and therefore I need to change my surname. I looked on my student finance online account and it didn't have the option to change my name. However when I googled it, there was lots about changing it on the online account but I cannot find the option! None of the possible forms have the option for a name change either.
Original post by LucyH19
I need to do my DSA application for my second year. I don't need any changes to my DSA support. I have looked online and there are several forms but it isn't clear which one I should complete. I am studying part time through the Open University.
Also I got married a month ago and therefore I need to change my surname. I looked on my student finance online account and it didn't have the option to change my name. However when I googled it, there was lots about changing it on the online account but I cannot find the option! None of the possible forms have the option for a name change either.

Hi Lucy,

Your DSA should automatically carry over from the previous year if you are attending the same course and indicated that you still require DSA on your returning application. In regards to your name change, you just need to upload a cover letter explaining that you wish to have your name updated along with a copy of your marriage certificate to your online account to be reviewed and updated for you.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Lucy,

Your DSA should automatically carry over from the previous year if you are attending the same course and indicated that you still require DSA on your returning application. In regards to your name change, you just need to upload a cover letter explaining that you wish to have your name updated along with a copy of your marriage certificate to your online account to be reviewed and updated for you.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare

thank you for your reply. What form do I need to fill in?
also there is no where on my online account to submit the evidence?
Original post by LucyH19
Hi Clare

thank you for your reply. What form do I need to fill in?
also there is no where on my online account to submit the evidence?

There is no form required if you indicated that you require DSA on your application as it is carried over from the previous course year. You can select 'evidence upload' on your online account to upload your cover letter and marriage certificate.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending