chance of clearing?

Watch this thread
isabelbelle
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi! I applied originally in this cycle for sociology (5/5 offers from LSE, UCL, Durham, Manchester, Liverpool) but have realised since this isn't what I want to study and I would rather be studying History/Politics.

I plan to try get into York through clearing but is there even a chance history/politics is in clearing? Furthermore, if it is - what is the chance of getting accommodation (I heard last year it was chaos)?

many thanks!
komo.
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isabelbelle)
hi! I applied originally in this cycle for sociology (5/5 offers from LSE, UCL, Durham, Manchester, Liverpool) but have realised since this isn't what I want to study and I would rather be studying History/Politics.

I plan to try get into York through clearing but is there even a chance history/politics is in clearing? Furthermore, if it is - what is the chance of getting accommodation (I heard last year it was chaos)?

many thanks!
not sure about the chance of the course being in clearing, but accommodation wise york is opening two new colleges this year, which i'm sure will help solve the lack of accommodation issue especially for the students in clearing who get thrown to the bottom of the priority list
Last edited by komo.; 4 weeks ago
z-u-l-u
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
sometimes if you email the uni, if you meet the subject requirements, you can just transfer. you can even transfer once you've started. might save you all the stress of clearing. i know lots of people who have had a request to change course granted
isabelbelle
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by z-u-l-u)
sometimes if you email the uni, if you meet the subject requirements, you can just transfer. you can even transfer once you've started. might save you all the stress of clearing. i know lots of people who have had a request to change course granted
i never applied to york in the first place so transfer isnt an option !
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

many thanks!
Hi!

Unfortunately, we can't say what will or will not be in clearing at this point. Sorry about that. It might be worth you looking to see if you can substitute, but this will depend on when you applied initially. You'll need to contact UCAS for this.
Alternatively, you could decline all your places and come to us via Extra, but this does hold a risk for you. Failing that, it would be holding on till clearing in the hope that we have a place, but we cannot guarantee this at this time.

I hope this helps a bit, and if you want to chat with someone about this in more detail please do contact [email protected].

Thanks,
Helen
isabelbelle
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by University of York)
Hi!

Unfortunately, we can't say what will or will not be in clearing at this point. Sorry about that. It might be worth you looking to see if you can substitute, but this will depend on when you applied initially. You'll need to contact UCAS for this.
Alternatively, you could decline all your places and come to us via Extra, but this does hold a risk for you. Failing that, it would be holding on till clearing in the hope that we have a place, but we cannot guarantee this at this time.

I hope this helps a bit, and if you want to chat with someone about this in more detail please do contact [email protected].

Thanks,
Helen
Thank you so much for replying!

I applied originally in November 2021, is there anyway to check what is available in extra before I decline offers? And is there a way to check (closer to results day) what will be in clearing?
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you so much for replying!

I applied originally in November 2021, is there anyway to check what is available in extra before I decline offers? And is there a way to check (closer to results day) what will be in clearing?
Hi!

So sorry for my delayed reply. Yes, if a course is currently open for applications then it is open for Extra, and you can apply through Extra until 4 July. Our early clearing vacancies will be published on our website on 5 July (open to students who've already got their results), and then our updated clearing vacancies will be available on A Level results day - 18 August.

I hope this helps
Helen
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (31)
27.19%
As I expected (38)
33.33%
Harder (38)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.14%

Watched Threads