Do you hate having autism?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Why do I?
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Why do I?
It’s understandable and I think normal to get annoyed at being autistic sometimes. Half the time I view it as a blessing, the other half it’s a curse.

Yes, autism comes with a lot of difficulties that others don’t have - you’re likely more sensitive to noises and stuff, it’s harder to communicate, emotions can quickly become overwhelming and trigger meltdowns, there are lots of things to be annoyed at.

You likely also have some advantages that other don’t have though. For me personally, I’m quite a logical thinker but also have a wild, creative side, and that makes me good at an unusually wide variety of things. I’m also less bound by social norms, making me able to express myself without taking criticism to heart because of the logical side of me knowing that it’s only their opinion.

Regardless of the struggles you face with autism, and the perks you get from it, you’ll always find someone who loves you for who you are
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by RushingRiver)
It’s understandable and I think normal to get annoyed at being autistic sometimes. Half the time I view it as a blessing, the other half it’s a curse.

Yes, autism comes with a lot of difficulties that others don’t have - you’re likely more sensitive to noises and stuff, it’s harder to communicate, emotions can quickly become overwhelming and trigger meltdowns, there are lots of things to be annoyed at.

You likely also have some advantages that other don’t have though. For me personally, I’m quite a logical thinker but also have a wild, creative side, and that makes me good at an unusually wide variety of things. I’m also less bound by social norms, making me able to express myself without taking criticism to heart because of the logical side of me knowing that it’s only their opinion.

Regardless of the struggles you face with autism, and the perks you get from it, you’ll always find someone who loves you for who you are
Thanks, that was quite a relief. I was kind of expecting some hateful insults from people who love having autism. I've never liked it but it gives me relief knowing that sometimes the weird and irritating (in neuro typical standards) are a result of this so at least I know I'm not a weird moan that just can't get on with life quietly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads