Changing the location of my placement after accepting the offer

Watch this thread
Aircraft50
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
A few weeks ago, I was offered an engineering placement at a defence company. The location of the placement means that I will have to relocate. However, at the moment a family member has fallen quite ill and it's becoming difficult for me to relocate in the following weeks. The placement that I was offered, was at a specific location, however the company also have a branch closer to where I live. I'm not sure if they will allow me to work at the branch closer to home because most of my paperwork is completed, all that is left to do is start the job.

The branch closer to me is where the manufacturing takes place where as, my role includes working with the systems engineering department.

Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks
fbacc
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Just present the facts to them and see what they say. You need to work out what you are willing to accept before contacting them. Are you willing to relocate if they say no or are you saying you cannot take on the position at the new location for a period of time. They are duty bound to review your situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads