The Student Room Group

teacher ignoring my work

I have my a level exams in less than 2 weeks and ive sent 5 practice 16 markers to my teacher (2 of them i have no extra copies, both are with her) and i need them to revise for my exam but she hasnt marked them yet! im just really frustrated because i sent 2 16markers in the beginning of May and now its nearly June and still havent gotten them back... I also need my 2 16m that i have no extra copies of to use as revision but now that its half term i have no contact with her as she doesnt work at home apparently :frown: even though i assume teachers put slightly more effort around exam time but okay... ive reminded her multiple times to mark them and she keeps saying things like "ill mark them today give them tomorrow" or somewhere along those lines. its just kind of irritating as id like my work marked to make sure what im saying is right as i have high standards for what grade i want in psychology. i also dont want to rewrite the 2 16 markers that i have no copies of since i already have a tight schedule and one of them was the topic i struggled with the most in psychology so it took me a while to write the 16 marker. and idk what to do about it.
Original post by sarsar_
I have my a level exams in less than 2 weeks and ive sent 5 practice 16 markers to my teacher (2 of them i have no extra copies, both are with her) and i need them to revise for my exam but she hasnt marked them yet! im just really frustrated because i sent 2 16markers in the beginning of May and now its nearly June and still havent gotten them back... I also need my 2 16m that i have no extra copies of to use as revision but now that its half term i have no contact with her as she doesnt work at home apparently :frown: even though i assume teachers put slightly more effort around exam time but okay... ive reminded her multiple times to mark them and she keeps saying things like "ill mark them today give them tomorrow" or somewhere along those lines. its just kind of irritating as id like my work marked to make sure what im saying is right as i have high standards for what grade i want in psychology. i also dont want to rewrite the 2 16 markers that i have no copies of since i already have a tight schedule and one of them was the topic i struggled with the most in psychology so it took me a while to write the 16 marker. and idk what to do about it.

Your teacher probably has multiple classes
Can you imagine how much work it must be for her if every student sent 5 16 marker questions? Those will take time to mark
She probably won't be able to mark all the ones you have sent
Of course not every student will send that many to her- but it does put into perspective how much work you are expecting her to do for you

I can understand it is frustrating for you, but teachers always have a lot they have to mark/do. They will prioritise whatever is most important- likely homework they have set or other things they must do. If your teacher marks these 16 mark questions its more out of the kindness of the heart and she'll do it when she has time as it's not something she must do

You are coming across as very demanding and entitled from what you have written here
Maybe ask her for the copies back you need for practice. Are there no marking schemes online for this kind of thing? I would've thought there would be

For the topic you struggle most with, you could maybe ask if you could discuss it with her at a lunch time or something, or ask if you can talk through one of your 16 mark questions when you have time. She may not have time- and don't get annoyed if she says no as she doesn't need to, but it may be if you set aside a specific time to meet with her and talk about it that she can get it done
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
Your teacher probably has multiple classes
Can you imagine how much work it must be for her if every student sent 5 16 marker questions? Those will take time to mark
She probably won't be able to mark all the ones you have sent
Of course not every student will send that many to her- but it does put into perspective how much work you are expecting her to do for you

I can understand it is frustrating for you, but teachers always have a lot they have to mark/do. They will prioritise whatever is most important- likely homework they have set or other things they must do. If your teacher marks these 16 mark questions its more out of the kindness of the heart and she'll do it when she has time as it's not something she must do

You are coming across as very demanding and entitled from what you have written here
Maybe ask her for the copies back you need for practice. Are there no marking schemes online for this kind of thing? I would've thought there would be

For the topic you struggle most with, you could maybe ask if you could discuss it with her at a lunch time or something, or ask if you can talk through one of your 16 mark questions when you have time. She may not have time- and don't get annoyed if she says no as she doesn't need to, but it may be if you set aside a specific time to meet with her and talk about it that she can get it done

i was okay with it the first two weeks but its been 4 nearly 5 weeks now and i havent even heard back from her. whats annoying me is that she keeps reassuring me shell get it done in a day and give it back the next. to be honest i just want my two papers that i have no copies of (marked or unmarked) back but she ignored my last two emails about them and its half term now so i cant go back to school and she always tells us she has her work laptop off during holidays and weekends so i have no way to contact her until the week of my exams which is too late. also i assumed no one gives her work as pretty much everyone hates her because of how rude she is (im not joking-half the class stopped coming in just because of her attitude) so most students dont want anything to do with her (we have a groupchat and everyone talks about this) the year 12s did their mocks mid april so i just assumed shes done with marking them

before half term started i used to go to another teacher who used to read it on the spot and give me feedback right away which i found useful but i dont know his name so i cant contact him either. also mark schemes are super vague and i make up my own 16m questions as i predicted whats coming up using the advanced info
Original post by sarsar_
i was okay with it the first two weeks but its been 4 nearly 5 weeks now and i havent even heard back from her. whats annoying me is that she keeps reassuring me shell get it done in a day and give it back the next.

That's very understandable that you are annoyed. I know to you it may seem like a small thing to mark- but she may have a lot on her plate. I guess the reassurance that she'll get it done the next day doesn't help- and is something she maybe shouldn't have said unless she truly had plans (of course it is possible that something came up and she wasn't able to do it anymore).
How often are you actually asking? It may be that you've asked too many times and this has frustrated her a bit

Original post by sarsar_
to be honest i just want my two papers that i have no copies of (marked or unmarked) back but she ignored my last two emails about them and its half term now so i cant go back to school and she always tells us she has her work laptop off during holidays and weekends so i have no way to contact her until the week of my exams which is too late.

Yeah, this is ultimately the best solution as to what's suggested. Maybe when school starts again, go in person and ask. It is possible though she has lost them which is why she hasn't marked them.
It's very common for work laptops to be off during holidays and weekends- your teacher isn't being paid to work and deserves a break! I'm very much with her, with doing that- albeit of course it is annoying for you.

Original post by sarsar_
the year 12s did their mocks mid april so i just assumed shes done with marking them

Probably has, but she may have other stuff to do as well.

Original post by sarsar_
before half term started i used to go to another teacher who used to read it on the spot and give me feedback right away which i found useful but i dont know his name so i cant contact him either. also mark schemes are super vague and i make up my own 16m questions as i predicted whats coming up using the advanced info

That's a shame. I guess though, you can mark your previous 16 mark questions based on mark schemes of old ones. If you are scoring consistently on those questions, then you can probably assume that you would score similar on the ones you are making up yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest