megelmont
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Currently year 11 and picking a level options: As of now my school has it down that i’m doing maths, history and media studies.

I know it’s a relatively odd combination however i’m NOT going to university and am planning on either joining the navy or the merchant navy, so i wanted to do a bit of an all rounded combo.

So my question is, is doing three completely different subjects (an art, a writing, a mathematical) going to be bad for my future?

(The gcses i’m sitting: Lit, Lang, H Maths, H Combined Science, Geography, History, H Computer Science & Business)

edit:thankyou for your responses, way less stressed now
Last edited by megelmont; 4 weeks ago
chungy246
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
No, not at all!! Arguably, it’s better because you’re showing the range of your academic skills. Especially if you do well in all of them
komo.
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
i agree with what the person above says! obviously if you were planning to go to uni it would make things a little difficult since most courses ask for you to have related subjects - but since thats not in your plans at all, do what u want!
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by komo.)
i agree with what the person above says! obviously if you were planning to go to uni it would make things a little difficult since most courses ask for you to have related subjects - but since thats not in your plans at all, do what u want!
those subjects are actually fine for the majority of courses
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by megelmont)
Currently year 11 and picking a level options: As of now my school has it down that i’m doing maths, history and media studies. (gcses did the normal ones + history geography computer science and business).
I know it’s a relatively odd combination however i’m NOT going to university and am planning on either joining the navy or the merchant navy, so i wanted to do a bit of an all rounded combo.
Previous combinations i nearly picked:
computer science, history, literature
computer science, history, maths
So my question is, is doing three completely different subjects (an art, a writing, a mathematical) going to be bad for my future?
It sounds good to do an array of subjects for the future. But also try not to worry about the future too much. You'll be doing these subjects for 2 years so remember to pick subjects you actually enjoy
komo.
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vapordave)
those subjects are actually fine for the majority of courses
yeah, was just thinking abt all those that ask for a second science or maths or something lol
vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by komo.)
yeah, was just thinking abt all those that ask for a second science or maths or something lol
yeah those are the major exception but if OP was interested in a subject that required it they would have taken a science in the first place
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (47)
26.11%
As I expected (60)
33.33%
Harder (65)
36.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.44%

Watched Threads