Wasn’t allowed Casio FX CG50 in Exam?

Watch this thread
Black Sensei
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I had a an Edexcel further maths exam earlier this week and I wasn’t allowed to bring in my graphic calculator due to it being “allowed to store information” Everywhere I’ve looked it does say it is allowed though. Is there any official confirmation that it is allowed from Pearson so I could show them?
orangejuze
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Black Sensei)
I had a an Edexcel further maths exam earlier this week and I wasn’t allowed to bring in my graphic calculator due to it being “allowed to store information” Everywhere I’ve looked it does say it is allowed though. Is there any official confirmation that it is allowed from Pearson so I could show them?
my friend brought hers in since she’s used it for the whole course so idk why they wouldn’t let you
orangejuze
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
https://www.britishcouncil.jo/sites/...culators_0.pdf

this should help, scroll right down last paragraph
Notnek
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Black Sensei)
There is no official list of all allowed calculators. Only a description is given (link posted by someone else above).

But even though there isn’t a list, Edexcel provide a discount for that calculator seen here:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...-discount.html

That clearly shows that the calculator is allowed!

Who didn’t allow you to use the calculator? Have you spoken to your Exams Officer about it?
Imfailinghelpxox
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
U shldve been allowed if it was in exam mode tho
Black Sensei
Rep:
(Original post by orangejuze)
https://www.britishcouncil.jo/sites/...culators_0.pdf

this should help, scroll right down last paragraph
Thanks for this. I’ve emailed this to the exams team in my school.
Black Sensei
Rep:
(Original post by Notnek)
There is no official list of all allowed calculators. Only a description is given (link posted by someone else above).

But even though there isn’t a list, Edexcel provide a discount for that calculator seen here:

https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...-discount.html

That clearly shows that the calculator is allowed!

Who didn’t allow you to use the calculator? Have you spoken to your Exams Officer about it?
The main person in the exam hall, most likely he wasn’t aware. I’ve emailed my schools exam team and I’m just waiting for them to get back. Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise