Is Choosing Geography and History too much for GCSE?

Watch this thread
Chileo
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to change business studies to history I’m already doing geography and Spanish. Should I? Would it be too much? I enjoy history and everyone keeps saying how boring business is also u can do the Alevel without the gcse which makes me wonder if it’s kinda pointless someone please help me choose I am good at both but is it a bad choice?
webbo3
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Personally, I regretted it. But its different for everyone.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chileo)
I want to change business studies to history I’m already doing geography and Spanish. Should I? Would it be too much? I enjoy history and everyone keeps saying how boring business is also u can do the Alevel without the gcse which makes me wonder if it’s kinda pointless someone please help me choose I am good at both but is it a bad choice?
What year are you in? If you're in year 10 it is probably too late...
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Chileo)
Honestly don't worry about GCSE options. In my opinion they don't really matter in the long run. Just pick something you will enjoy as you will be doing it for 2 years.
ben.davis
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I studied both Geography and History at GCSE and enjoyed both thoroughly. They're very different subjects, both with interesting content. Geography, History and Spanish would be a good combination and, as you say, business can be added at A-level. It would be more difficult to add history at A-level without doing the GCSE because I'm sure some of the topics/content would build upon GCSE knowledge .

It's also worth noting that (for me at least) we didn't study business or anything related before GCSE so you might not know if you'd actually enjoy studying it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.14%
As I expected (71)
30.74%
Harder (87)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.46%

Watched Threads