The Student Room Group

Thoughts Average Looking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Old Skool Freak
Lol, I thought you were religious not superstitious :lol:

You don't have to be "paired-up" to talk to her, what's stopping you from chatting to her before or after lectures? You can always ask her about something on the course (e.g. you didn't understand something the lecturer said).

Times running out, so if you want to get this girl (or at least find out where you stand) you need to start being proactive and creating opportunities for yourself to talk to her. Obviously success isn't guaranteed, but at least then you KNOW she wasn't interested, rather than spending the rest of your life pondering about a potentially missed opportunity.

I think things are not meant to be for the both of us :frown:
Lol, I thought you were religious not superstitious :lol:

You don't have to be "paired-up" to talk to her, what's stopping you from chatting to her before or after lectures? You can always ask her about something on the course (e.g. you didn't understand something the lecturer said).

Times running out, so if you want to get this girl (or at least find out where you stand) you need to start being proactive and creating opportunities for yourself to talk to her. Obviously success isn't guaranteed, but at least then you KNOW she wasn't interested, rather than spending the rest of your life pondering about a potentially missed opportunity.

Yeah I am religious :smile:. Luckily we attend the same university except different courses, I think my one and only chance to get my girl is over 😖😫😭. Let alone talk to her I came to sign-in at work today it was blatantly obvious that I came in and easily be noticed by other colleagues but not once did she approach or initiate contact with me and the next moment I don’t mind this but she was then seen in a separate part of the shop talking to a male colleague and then I knew something was up and it’s all over I will ensure I am never to exist and neither go towards her no more💔. Because it look like someone pounced on the opportunity to talk to her and make her aware of their feelings and liking towards her having been told my two colleagues about this today whilst at work. I feel so…so…so sad and empty, and blank and just lost for words and speechless that I could just cry and I don’t feel mentally right :frown:.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah I am religious :smile:. Luckily we attend the same university except different courses, I think my one and only chance to get my girl is over 😖😫😭. Let alone talk to her I came to sign-in at work today it was blatantly obvious that I came in and easily be noticed by other colleagues but not once did she approach or initiate contact with me and the next moment I don’t mind this but she was then seen in a separate part of the shop talking to a male colleague and then I knew something was up and it’s all over I will ensure I am never to exist and neither go towards her no more💔. Because it look like someone pounced on the opportunity to talk to her and make her aware of their feelings and liking towards her having been told my two colleagues about this today whilst at work. I feel so…so…so sad and empty, and blank and just lost for words and speechless that I could just cry and I don’t feel mentally right :frown:.

emotionally right autocorrect*

Just take it as a life lesson. For the majority of guys, if you never tell a woman how you feel, nothing is ever going to happen. The worst feeling you're going to have isn't rejection. It's the opportunities you don't take. I'd honestly still approach her and tell her how you feel.
Original post by Mentalhealth*12
Just take it as a life lesson. For the majority of guys, if you never tell a woman how you feel, nothing is ever going to happen. The worst feeling you're going to have isn't rejection. It's the opportunities you don't take. I'd honestly still approach her and tell her how you feel.

I told her how I felt she said she wouldn’t be able to reciprocate my feelings that I have for her to me, and what’s the point now she has her focus on another male colleague does it make sense for me to intervene?
I told her how I felt she said she wouldn’t be able to reciprocate my feelings that I have for her to me, and what’s the point now she has her focus on another male colleague does it make sense for me to intervene?

I told her through her social media when we communicate outside of work she told me her account would be deactivated for examinations turns out it isn’t and it’s still in use every time I request for her to add me she hardly responds?
I told her through her social media when we communicate outside of work she told me her account would be deactivated for examinations turns out it isn’t and it’s still in use every time I request for her to add me she hardly responds?

Good for you for telling her how you felt. A lot of guys don't have the courage to do that. If she lied to you about deactivating her social media to avoid talking to you, she probably wasn't the woman she thought she was. She could have straight up told you that she wasn't interested.

Time to move on.
Original post by Mentalhealth*12
Good for you for telling her how you felt. A lot of guys don't have the courage to do that. If she lied to you about deactivating her social media to avoid talking to you, she probably wasn't the woman she thought she was. She could have straight up told you that she wasn't interested.

Time to move on.

Thank you. I guess there was the evil eye and it was too good to be true or last, but why would she do that I just don’t understand her of all people I supported and helped her a lot at work, gave her good company and I cared so much about her I even gave up my own time to do shifts so that she can spend time out and about with her family. Besides saying not being able to reciprocate her feelings towards me I’m clueless at the moment?
Hi,

I don't think being "average" looking is ever going to be off-putting to anyone... but at the same time there's nothing about being "average" that is likely to draw / entice people towards you.

As I said in another thread, girls will date someone because they see something in that person that they like; it's not often they'll date someone for the sake of it (unless, they're particularly lonely / desperate, perhaps). So I suggest you have a think about your own attributes that make you special and treat it as a marketing exercise.

Regardless of what these so-called incels may tell you, girls can be attracted to all different types of guys. Sure being having height, good looks and an athletic physique will help, but that's just ONE example of how you can make yourself stand out there are several other ways you can do it. You don't have to be good looking, but it helps if you've got something that women will like. I mean, taking the pretty girls you see on a night out into isolation, there is still a massive scope of guys they can go for, completely excluding the so-called "Chad".

For example, if you flash the cash, sling the bling etc. you'll be attractive to the Gold-digging types. You can normally spot these kinds hanging around the VIP areas of a nightclub, the WAG wannabe's who are immaculately presented with their big-hair; designer labels; fake tans and fake chests etc. These girls have a lot of game and are (generally) less concerned with how classically good looking someone is... but they're after a guy with MONEY, so you have to dress and act the part. They want all the trappings of wealth, so you'd need a nice place to live in an affluent area; a luxury car; treated to exotic holidays and expensive nights on the town. Basically you'd need to be prepared to throw a lot of money at them.

On the other hand, if you act like the baddedst "mother-lover" in the house, then you're more likely to appeal to the girls who crave fun & excitement. These are normally the ones who were the cool kids at school (e.g. a badass brunette or an ice-cool blonde), who always dress in a way to show off that killer body of theirs. . They enjoy the status of having an Strong tough guy (e.g. Alpha male), so there's some benefits in the old "treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" philosophy (not that I condone this) ... they also tend to love sex, so if you can show them a good time in the bedroom (or wherever takes your fancy) you'll have them hooked. They also tend to be quite young (e.g. teenagers, early 20's; they normally grow out of it by their mid-late 20's) so make the most of it.

If you can strut your stuff and have got the moves to make Usher, Chris Brown and Justin Timberlake jealous, then you'll attract the more creative / expressive types. They can adopt various looks / persona's but they're distinguished in that they tend to have very high energy levels (think Children's TV presenter on acid lol). She'll test your moves and see if you can match that in the bedroom. On the other hand, if you can show you're a good listener / conversationalist; show that you've got a cheeky (but not offensive) sense of humour; mention things like having your own place and realistic career aspirations, then you'll connect with those good girls, who just want to meet a decent guy without all the BS.

Again, the above are just examples, and they're centred around the more attractive girls who may frequent the party scene. If you expand that to all different kinds of girls, then obviously there's a lot more things average guys can do to make themselves more attractive... they just need to know what they can offer girls, and treat it as an advertising / marketing exercise. If you think about it hard enough, I'm sure there's something you can use in your arsenal?

Lmao what a ****ing load of tripe

That's life mate, happens to all of us from time to time. Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.

If it's any consolation, at least you know where you stand now (rather than spending the rest of your life asking yourself "What if?". Don't keep trying to add her on Social Media (it'll just make you look desperate or like a stalker). Sure you'll feel bad for a week or so, but you'll soon realise you're free to notice all the other women out there.
That's life mate, happens to all of us from time to time. Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.

If it's any consolation, at least you know where you stand now (rather than spending the rest of your life asking yourself "What if?". Don't keep trying to add her on Social Media (it'll just make you look desperate or like a stalker). Sure you'll feel bad for a week or so, but you'll soon realise you're free to notice all the other women out there.

Why would she do this?
Why would she do this?

Who knows?

There could be a million reasons for her decision... many of which may be her issue and not yours (e.g. she has a boyfriend she hasn't told you about; she has her eye firmly on someone else; maybe she likes girls lol). Regardless of the reasons, it's not important; the important thing is that she's made it clear she's not interested, so you need to respect this and move on. I'd like to remind you of something what another poster here said:-

... Understanding that unreciprocated feelings are just that and not a reflection of your self worth is of utmost importance. Everybody likes different things and two people can reject someone for completely different reasons.

There really is little point in trying to ascertain her reasons... you'll almost certainly never know the truth and by pondering all the endless possibilities, you're 'banging your head against a brick wall'. Not sure if you've ever heard that saying, but it basically means you're doing something that's completely pointless, and you're causing yourself a lot of pain and unnecessary headache.

As you're both 3rd years, I'm assuming your course finishes around now, and you'll be going your separate ways. At the very least, you'll have the summer vacation to lick your wounds.

IT sucks right now, but you'll get over it and move on soon enough :smile:
Who knows?

There could be a million reasons for her decision... many of which may be her issue and not yours (e.g. she has a boyfriend she hasn't told you about; she has her eye firmly on someone else; maybe she likes girls lol). Regardless of the reasons, it's not important; the important thing is that she's made it clear she's not interested, so you need to respect this and move on. I'd like to remind you of something what another poster here said:-

There really is little point in trying to ascertain her reasons... you'll almost certainly never know the truth and by pondering all the endless possibilities, you're 'banging your head against a brick wall'. Not sure if you've ever heard that saying, but it basically means you're doing something that's completely pointless, and you're causing yourself a lot of pain and unnecessary headache.

As you're both 3rd years, I'm assuming your course finishes around now, and you'll be going your separate ways. At the very least, you'll have the summer vacation to lick your wounds.

IT sucks right now, but you'll get over it and move on soon enough :smile:

I mean we didn’t share the same shift last weekend we started an hour apart, it was really disheartening to see every time myself or herself blatantly in front of each other we would go unnoticeable, as though we are invisible to one and other. And it’s clearly obvious that she perfectly able talk to every single other colleague except for myself. But I appreciate your advice and will take it on board :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending