Practicing situational interview questions (apprenticeship)

Watch this thread
pembertonf50
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
How do you answer situational based interview questions really well and comfortably.
I've heard the STAR method is good but I still struggle to state all the important information that the company cares about when put on the spot.
Any tips?
LexiLoo2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I feel your pain.

What I tend to do is think of a large-ish range of situational questions that they may ask. Then I write down scenarios I could use to answer each question so that I have a variety of scenarios at the top of my head that I can talk fluidly about.

The reality is they will never ask you the exact question you have prepared for, so you need to be prepared to mould one of your pre-planned scenarios to the question. So really think about your involvement in each scenario and exactly what you did to e.g. resolve a conflict, achieve a goal, work in a team, etc.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Write down some scenarios. Adapt to the original question as much as possible. Describe what you did and how you reacted. Outline your involvement.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.58%
As I expected (24)
30.38%
Harder (29)
36.71%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed