i’m terrible at physics

Watch this thread
B816
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i’m pretty alright at chemistry and biology, and so i’m pretty much relying on those for a 5-4 (i do aqa combined triology foundation) do u think this is possible. i’m trying to understand physics but everytime i do questions i get like everything wrong. last mock i got a 4 in physics tho. and a 5-4 overall
jamest0394q
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
would recommend using cognito or watching free science lessons
B816
Rep:
(Original post by jamest0394q)
would recommend using cognito or watching free science lessons
i use cognito
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Where do you lose marks? Do you struggle with calculations and rearranging the formulae? Do you forget the relevant information? Do you not know which information to include in a written answer?
B816
Rep:
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Where do you lose marks? Do you struggle with calculations and rearranging the formulae? Do you forget the relevant information? Do you not know which information to include in a written answer?
actually don’t know because i just did some questions and got them all pretty much wrong but i’ll let you know when i do a past paper. i’m fine at calculations
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by B816)
actually don’t know because i just did some questions and got them all pretty much wrong but i’ll let you know when i do a past paper. i’m fine at calculations
This was something I did to improve during A-level - making a note of which parts of my answer were relevant to getting marks, and which parts weren't. Helps to trim down and refine your answers so you don't waste time.
_Robyn_
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by B816)
I think the only way to understand physics is to try not to get overwhelmed by the lengthy questions. Start by highlighting the key points in the question. Then imagine doing the experiment. For example it could be talking about electricity and what you need to turn a lamp on or something. Just try to imagine what you would need to do it. Think of it as in real life problem not a hard question on a paper. Hope this makes sense lmao
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.08%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
32.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (10)
10.42%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (4)
4.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.21%
I’m starting to consider my university options (14)
14.58%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.17%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads