Good weaknesses apprenticeship interview

Watch this thread
pembertonf50
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
What are good weaknesses to say when asked in an interview, "what is your weakness"?
skylark2
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pembertonf50)
What are good weaknesses to say when asked in an interview, "what is your weakness"?
Ones which are actual weaknesses of yours?

I'd be tempted to say something along the lines of "I'm absolutely rubbish at swimming, I hate getting water up my nose" (assuming I wasn't applying to be a lifeguard or similar...)

I'd also be tempted to say "well, I found this list of things you're supposed to say on the internet, do you want me to try to remember it?" but then I'm old and ornery and have no time for BS. If I was interviewing someone and they tried to say something which is actually a strength is a weakness, I'd think they were a bit thick.
R4V
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pembertonf50)
Say something like.. despite my previous skills and attributes as a leader as demonstrated by being a captain of my football team, Iam yet to be able to apply this to my working life in this apprenticeship. If given this apprenticeship role I would like to build on my weakness of leadership within a corporate environment and turn it into a driving force within the team Iam placed within.

What saying this does: gives an example of what you’ve previously done, shows u recognised the skill but see the weakness you may face when put into the role. By saying “if given this apprenticeship” it says to the interviewer that your already picturing yourself there which is a great sign. It allows them to recognise your keen to learn and already show initiative to change your weakness into a strength whilst also mentioning the team. It makes you sound confident, keen but also the mention of the team makes you a team player.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
30.23%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (16)
37.21%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.65%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.65%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.98%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.95%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.33%

Watched Threads