How many marks will I lose for writing 1 wrong contextual information?

Watch this thread
JADDO1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi, I recently did my english lit exam on an inspector calls and dr J and mr h but I so stupidly mixed the Victorian era and Edwardian era however I know I did well in most content and expression?
Could I get some advice?
Also If I were to do really well in my Romeo and Juliet know exam and unseen poetry could it boost my grade to a possible 5 or 6?
Milliewest2
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JADDO1234)
Hi, I recently did my english lit exam on an inspector calls and dr J and mr h but I so stupidly mixed the Victorian era and Edwardian era however I know I did well in most content and expression?
Could I get some advice?
Also If I were to do really well in my Romeo and Juliet know exam and unseen poetry could it boost my grade to a possible 5 or 6?
don't worry about it much it is just one mistake and think that lots of people don't even include context so you won't lose many marks if any as long as the rest of it was accurate. you will be fine!
ineedhelp101010
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Could I get some advice?
hey, it probs wont matter too much bcos examiners are a bit understanding as they know students r under a the stress of an exam. depends on the type of examiner you get i guess but dont stress about it bcos you cant drop marks for it
jamesh234
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Could I get some advice?
I doubt that you'll lose too many marks as it is just one mistake and, as you said, you did well in other content and expression. This is especially if you included other context which was accurate. Plus, whilst I know they are different eras, Victorian and Edwardian aren't vastly different (e.g. it's not like you tried to talk about the Roman era) and so I would seriously doubt that an examiner would dock many more than 1 or 2 marks just for that. Regarding whether you can still get a grade 5/6, I don't know what grade you're working at now but that one mistake is by no means devastating - I really don't think that it would cost you a grade unless you were right on the boundary. Just keep focusing on your next exam and smash it and then, hopefully, those one or two more marks lost in the first paper won't mean anything.
JADDO1234
Rep:
(Original post by jamesh234)
I doubt that you'll lose too many marks as it is just one mistake and, as you said, you did well in other content and expression. This is especially if you included other context which was accurate. Plus, whilst I know they are different eras, Victorian and Edwardian aren't vastly different (e.g. it's not like you tried to talk about the Roman era) and so I would seriously doubt that an examiner would dock many more than 1 or 2 marks just for that. Regarding whether you can still get a grade 5/6, I don't know what grade you're working at now but that one mistake is by no means devastating - I really don't think that it would cost you a grade unless you were right on the boundary. Just keep focusing on your next exam and smash it and then, hopefully, those one or two more marks lost in the first paper won't mean anything.
Thank you soo much. I seriously was so scared when
I realised my mistake 2 days after given that I was so
focused on including other context I totally forgot about the most simplest one so thank you
Last edited by JADDO1234; 3 weeks ago
JADDO1234
Rep:
(Original post by ineedhelp101010)
hey, it probs wont matter too much bcos examiners are a bit understanding as they know students r under a the stress of an exam. depends on the type of examiner you get i guess but dont stress about it bcos you cant drop marks for it
Thank you so much, I couldn’t stop stressing or thinking about it thanks
sophia_456
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Could I get some advice?
i did exactly the same thing i wrote in my Romeo and Juliet Exam about how and "edwardian audience" would react and obviously it was just the pressure of the exam. I think it's quite a common mistake to make so try not to worry
JADDO1234
Rep:
(Original post by sophia_456)
i did exactly the same thing i wrote in my Romeo and Juliet Exam about how and "edwardian audience" would react and obviously it was just the pressure of the exam. I think it's quite a common mistake to make so try not to worry
Really? I thought I was the only one. I just have to push to do my best in Romeo and Juliet exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads