University of Birmingham vs Exeter vs Strathclyde for MSc Finance

Watch this thread
yash_k2050
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone,

I am from India and have offers from the University of Birmingham, Exeter, and Strathclyde for MSc Finance. Can anyone suggest which university would be better among the three? Also which city would be more lively and fun?
ExeterStudentRep
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by yash_k2050)
Hi everyone,

I am from India and have offers from the University of Birmingham, Exeter, and Strathclyde for MSc Finance. Can anyone suggest which university would be better among the three? Also which city would be more lively and fun?
Hi Yash_k2050,

I am Coral, a student ambassador at the University of Exeter. Firstly, congratulations on receiving your offers to study in the UK! Although I cannot speak on behalf of the other universities I can give you an insight into what life and studying at Exeter is like. The university grounds, equipment and facilities are top class and the academic staff are excellent, going above and beyond to ensure you get the most out of university and reach your full potential. The university of Exeter is committed to you even after you have graduated through the career zone where you have access numerous resources to help you develop your CV, practice for interviews and so much more! Exeter is a relatively small but bustling city based in the south west. The Streatham campus (where your course would be located) is approximately a 20 minute walk from the city centre. In the city centre there's shops and entertainment such as cinemas and bowling. There is also the historic quayside which is down by the river, there are lots of lovely restaurants, pubs and coffee shops. You can also hire bicycles, paddleboards and kayaks to go down the river or cycle paths, this was one of my favourite things to do on the weekend. The campus itself is incredibly green with lots of trees and beautiful gardens located throughout campus. There are also numerous coffee shops, restaurants and a small convenience store located on campus. In terms of nightlife, Exeter has 5 or 6 main nightclubs that student frequent on both weekdays and weekends. All of these are in walking distance of student accommodation. Exeter is a relatively safe city and many people will walk to and from their nights out with a group of friends, however there are numerous taxi services available. There are over 300 sports clubs and society's at Exeter who put on regular social events which range from pub quizzes to themed nights out which are great fun and are a great way to make like minded friends. I was part of the University Triathlon club which made my university life as special and memorable as it was! These clubs and societies also hold daytime socials and 'sober' events such as coffee mornings and trips to the beach. There are also good rail and road links to Devon and Cornwall for weekend trips.

I hope this helps to give an insight into what studying at Exeter may be like!
Coral, Exeter Student Ambassador
Last edited by ExeterStudentRep; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed