Bath vs Durham

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I am struggling with deciding my choices. I have received a conditional offer form both bath and durham for bsc econ. I would like to know which is more prestigious than one another. And any other advices are welcome. Thank you
Cheekyanon
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Durham from what i know is way more prestigious; not to mention looking at the league tables for econ, Durham comes in at 6 while bath is at 10! So id say Durham is your best bet! Congrats on your offers btw!!
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi everyone. I am struggling with deciding my choices. I have received a conditional offer form both bath and durham for bsc econ. I would like to know which is more prestigious than one another. And any other advices are welcome. Thank you
Hello,

Congratulations on your offers! I am a final year Business student at the University of Bath and would be happy to help with your question.

Bath ranks very highly on the University league tables for Economics, and the University in general is viewed very highly by employers. At Bath pretty much all courses offer a placement (a year spent in industry) which means you get some really valuable real-world experience to put on your CV, something else which makes Bath a very good place to go to uni.

The city itself is beautiful and I have loved living here the past four years. There is many famous places to visit such as The Royal Crescent, The Roman Baths, The Bath Abbey, as well as loads of more parks which are even better fun in summer when everyone is there enjoying the sunshine. There are so many bars, restaurants, pubs and clubs to try in Bath as well, and these host really fun student nights. There is also mini golf, the cinema, loads of shops and cafes.

The on-campus facilities are also amazing, such as the Sports Training Village, the sports teams and societies you can choose from, as well as offering on-campus accommodation for first year students which is great when you first move away from home and to a new city.

I hope this helps and please feel free to ask anymore questions about the uni/Bath in general.

Best of luck,
Kayley
Final Year Business Student
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Bath - the placement system is probably the best in the UK, and it doesnt have Durham's slightly weird 'college' thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
29.81%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (71)
44.1%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.24%

Watched Threads