Chemistry A level

Watch this thread
papillonluv
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
what's the best way to learn concepts you dont understand and get the information to stick? everytime i revise, it sticks with me temporarily but i forget it later on.
lcmari12
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
Do past paper/practice questions alongside the mark scheme is the best way. I had the same struggle during Chemistry A Level - just reading over the information and trying to understand it sometimes isn’t enough, you have to dive straight into exam questions and I found this was the best way to commit it to my long term memory. Also I really recommend the YouTube channel Allery Chemistry if you don’t use it already - very concise explanations of topics and he also goes through some exam questions.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Information leaving your brain after a while is normal and in psychology it’s something known as forgetting curve.

the only way to stop this happening is if you revisit content in a spaced out time interval. Like say you learnt it today, you’d need to go through it again next week, then in 2 weeks time etc. the whole point is to increase memory retention.

I recommend doing questions in these intervals to aid in you not forgetting it so easily.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 2 months ago
ls714
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by lcmari12)
Do past paper/practice questions alongside the mark scheme is the best way. I had the same struggle during Chemistry A Level - just reading over the information and trying to understand it sometimes isn’t enough, you have to dive straight into exam questions and I found this was the best way to commit it to my long term memory. Also I really recommend the YouTube channel Allery Chemistry if you don’t use it already - very concise explanations of topics and he also goes through some exam questions.
yes i agree too, tbh doing exam questions as much as possible is a good way, plus also remember what mark scheme wants to see in each answer e.g some key words, units etc. some long questions not necessarily have to be full paragraphs so learning the mark schemes answer is useful. I would i also recommend putting some synthesis routes posters on your wall so you're looking at it everyday, and personally it works for me and thats what I've been doing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (8)
24.24%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (10)
30.3%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (2)
6.06%
Speaking to staff members from universities (0)
0%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (3)
9.09%
Reading articles about what steps to take (6)
18.18%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
6.06%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
6.06%

Watched Threads