Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone knows any schools which offer IB regardless of age?

ReputationRep:
    We have someone at ours who is 19 taking it

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Any more posts and schools specifically?

ReputationRep:
    several peopel will be 20 when they take their exams this year.. due to gap years etc.

ReputationRep:
    Are you in Singapore? I ask because some people don't put their permenant/current location down.
    Hmm, I wouldn't know about Singapore, but in the UK if you can find a college offering the IB, I think you can be any age. I think it's just secondary schools which have a limit on age?

ReputationRep:
    average age in my school to start IB is 18.. but i have friends who are taking the exam at 21..

ReputationRep:
    I think any age would be OK as long as you can do the work. I'm at Tollbar-bec in Grimsby....

ReputationRep:
    Well, im unable to take my IB in Singapore before my National Service due to personal reasons which I am not comfortable disclosing. Hmm, was wondering if it is possible to take IB after I have served by NS in which I would be around 21+/- years old. Any schools specifically which you know would be willing to accept me? And would they be willing to accept someone who has done the A Levels? Or is there a ruling in the UK which states that you can only do IB if you have not done A levels?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.