How many marks for this geography question?

Watch this thread
Nuperi
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi! Just looking for some feedback, thanks)

Explain the contribution of marine processes in creating the landscape in figure 1 (8marker)Name:  A002799D-41F5-41F9-9C97-D910F2265B74.jpg.jpeg
Views: 26
Size:  48.9 KB

One marine process which creates the landscape is destructive waves. Destructive waves have a long fetch and are created in stormy conditions, this means they’ve had more time to increase their energy, so when they reach the shoreline they smash against the cliffs. This then breaks down and erodes the sediment, leaving it weaker and more vulnerable for future storms.

Another marine process is abrasion. As seen in figure 1, large rocks litter the beach. These are used as ammunition against the cliff as they smash into it and strip it down the cliffs material. Additionally the lithology is sedimentary so it’s weaker and can’t resist erosion as well compared to igneous, this leaves it to erode quicker this is seen my the formation of a wave cut notch. As destructive waves have eroded the base quicker causing a dent in the cliff, as time goes by this dent(notch) will increase and leave the cliff unstable, causing it too collapse. Furthermore this collapse will lead to the cliff face retreating and the process will repeat again.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
tell me more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
28.99%
Take a gap year (22)
15.94%
Resit my exams (37)
26.81%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (18)
13.04%
I don't know yet (15)
10.87%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.35%

Watched Threads