The Student Room Group

OCR advanced information

Has the OCR advanced information been accurate?
OCR tools can currently achieve 99 percent accuracy in typewritten texts. Higher degrees of accuracy are sought, however, because organizations still use human interaction to check for potential errors. The majority of OCR technology research is currently focused on handwriting recognition and cursive text recognition.:cool:
Reply 2
Original post by ELISHAKIBET2020
OCR tools can currently achieve 99 percent accuracy in typewritten texts. Higher degrees of accuracy are sought, however, because organizations still use human interaction to check for potential errors. The majority of OCR technology research is currently focused on handwriting recognition and cursive text recognition.:cool:

Oh so helpful
Original post by Senuth_25
Oh so helpful

ok thank you.
Reply 4
ok thank you.

No problem Sire
Did OCR Further Maths and it was really hard but they did stick to the advanced info pretty closely tbf.
I did OCR A A LEVEL PHYSICS paper 1 last week and the advanced information was accurate. There were soooo many application questions and two whole chapters came up that wasn't on the advanced info so i do recommend revising all your other topics aswell
A challenging question to answer because most individuals avoid sitting both ways. People who are forced to sit on their own would (often) assert that theirs is the most difficult, perhaps to provide an excuse, but simply because that is the only experience they have had. It wasn't difficult for me to take OCR B - Advancing maths.
Original post by DryTowel
Did OCR Further Maths and it was really hard but they did stick to the advanced info pretty closely tbf.
A challenging question to answer because most individuals avoid sitting both ways. People who are forced to sit on their own would (often) assert that theirs is the most difficult, perhaps to provide an excuse, but simply because that is the only experience they have had. It wasn't difficult for me to take OCR B - Advancing maths.

Huh?
Reply 9
Original post by DryTowel

Oh that’s good to hear. I’m hoping to predict how my computer science paper will be then.

Quick Reply