Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, im a second year at Brum.

I was tempted to do Law, but when i saw the AAA requirement,i was like "DAYUM" so i opted for another course (albeit AAB requirement lol).

Just to reassure you, you dont neccessarily need AAA, i know two people who got in with BBB and BBC grades, so dont fret if your thinking that the entry requirements are too steep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddybiel)
    Hi guys, im a second year at Brum.

I was tempted to do Law, but when i saw the AAA requirement,i was like "DAYUM" so i opted for another course (albeit AAB requirement lol).

Just to reassure you, you dont neccessarily need AAA, i know two people who got in with BBB and BBC grades, so dont fret if your thinking that the entry requirements are too steep.
    Wow, thats made me feel better, thanks!!
    What do you study now then if not law?

ReputationRep:
    is any one going to the open days? they said any wed/sat? did you find it useful etc? i'll be traveling from london so it's hard, i would only want to go if it was amazing (especially as i'm 90% sure it's my 2nd choice) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohaidani)
    is any one going to the open days? they said any wed/sat? did you find it useful etc? i'll be traveling from london so it's hard, i would only want to go if it was amazing (especially as i'm 90% sure it's my 2nd choice) xx

Same, it's my definite second choice but i'm travelling from durham so don't know whether to go or not. To anyone who's been - how different is it from the open days? Do you get to see accomodation??

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02k7)
    Same, it's my definite second choice but i'm travelling from durham so don't know whether to go or not. To anyone who's been - how different is it from the open days? Do you get to see accomodation??

xx
    Well i didn't go to an open day per se but i did visit the Uni along with 20 odd others during a school trip.
    When we visited we stayed overnight in the accommodation and it was the best one that we stayed in on the whole trip. They had apartments with about 5/6 rooms in each and they had their own kitchens and shower/toilets.
    The campus is also lovely. We went on a really nice day and so got a really good feel for the Uni and we all loved it!

Hope this helps at all. If you do get a chance to visit i reccommend it because you will get a good feel for the Uni and town, and you can make a more informed descision! xx

ReputationRep:
    Also got an offer for Law LLB M100!

Conditional though, they want 3 As

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys. Basically i am studying Economics at Exeter University; having originally wanted to study Law at a top Uni my stupid sixth form would not give a prediction of 3 A's. So it was pointless applying for good Law schools.
    Having spent one term at Exeter it has really dawned on me how much I wish i was up in London doing Law at Ucl, Kcl or Lse. Having achieved 3 good A's and having some good work experience under my belt including a week in J P Morgans Law Department I have sent off my application yesterday.
    I am basically just wandering if there are any other people out there in the same position as me as well as how many people here have recieved offers from the likes of UCL, LSE and KCL. Saving me time mulling through thousands of forums etc. whats the general consensus on how many people have actually recieved offers yet. Getting in the game a bit late is not reasurring.

Help would be appreciated!

Rick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickyRoss)
    Alright guys. Basically i am studying Economics at Exeter University; having originally wanted to study Law at a top Uni my stupid sixth form would not give a prediction of 3 A's. So it was pointless applying for good Law schools.
    Having spent one term at Exeter it has really dawned on me how much I wish i was up in London doing Law at Ucl, Kcl or Lse. Having achieved 3 good A's and having some good work experience under my belt including a week in J P Morgans Law Department I have sent off my application yesterday.
    I am basically just wandering if there are any other people out there in the same position as me as well as how many people here have recieved offers from the likes of UCL, LSE and KCL. Saving me time mulling through thousands of forums etc. whats the general consensus on how many people have actually recieved offers yet. Getting in the game a bit late is not reasurring.

Help would be appreciated!

Rick
    firstly, you've already missed the deadline for equal consideration for this application cycle. this adds a massive complication to the matter- unless you're willing to wait.

this is the birmingham '09 law offers thread. try the general law thread and ask for advice there, as well as the uni applications forums! xo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.