Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I hate my life...
    I dont have any friends
    i used to have loads
    i just moved to another country for university
    and my niceness seems to stop me from making close friends...
    i dont know wut the problem is.... it seems people dont want to hang out when i plan something...
    nothing works out...
    its been almost 3 months here to no avail...
    sorry this is just me ranting, but i feel terrible today...got rejected from two clubs and 3 girls...

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, other people are in way worse situations than you.

I've never had a girlfriend, no friends, going to school in an area where everyone thinks they're "BARE GHETTO INNIT" and where the work seems to be so easy that I just can't be ****** to literally work anymore.

I've been like this for two years.

Yay, now we both hate our lives!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Things get bad and they seem a multitude worse than they actually are, but at the end of the day (it's another beginning) you just need to keep going knowing that things will improve if you put your mind to it. I've been through my unfair share of crap and I do get to the stage where I just can't be done with it anymore, but the fact that I can pull through all those situations encourages me to keep going, just stay strong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hate my life...
    I dont have any friends
    i used to have loads
    i dont know wut the problem is.... it seems people dont want to hang out when i plan something...
    nothing works out...
    sorry this is just me ranting, but i feel terrible today...got rejected from two clubs and 3 girls...
    Jump from a bridge

nah...kidding :p:

Just get a PS3 or Xbox360 and start kicking some alien ass...feels great...trust me!

ReputationRep:
    Well you're looking for friends and happiness in clubs and one night stands.... you're never going to get anything more than short term fun from them. Alcohol also makes everything seem worse. Maybe you should get involved in clubs and societies instead, go back each week, chat to people and you'll find yourself making friends without even trying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Well you're looking for friends and happiness in clubs and one night stands.... you're never going to get anything more than short term fun from them. Alcohol also makes everything seem worse. Maybe you should get involved in clubs and societies instead, go back each week, chat to people and you'll find yourself making friends without even trying.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    join societies

I've been ****** in the head since 2 years when i realized with my set of parents and sisters i cant have a normal life. and I torture myself everyday thinking about it over and over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I hate my life...
    I dont have any friends
    i used to have loads
    nothing works out...
    Look if you think you can just pull girls like that i think you are expecting too much... unless you look like Leo Dicaprio

which university are you attending? also something i have noticed. as people get deeper into university, the work mounts higher and higher with deadlines for work, applications etc its harder to get a few friends together.

i usually meet up with my close friends once every two weeks and they have to be planned like a week in advance to make sure everyone is free!

we all just have a lot going on at the moment, so i would take your rejections frm your friends too personally.

just take it as it goes. and find a few people who are similar to you. it will be ok :yep: x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.