The Student Room Group

where can I find past dissertation papers?

anyone knows any examples or exemplar dissertation work....especially for politics related topics?
Original post by hemdinho
anyone knows any examples or exemplar dissertation work....especially for politics related topics?

Hi @hemdinho!

If you're a current student at University then you should be able to ask one of your lecturers if they're able to provide you with some examples.

If you're not a current student, then it's a bit trickier as I'm not sure if Universities make undergad dissertations public. Might be worth having a quick search on google if some Universities have made some public and online?

But yes, if you're currently studying then it should be easier for you to find some. I hope this helps, I'm sorry I can't give a more concrete answer!

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know! :smile:

Tom,
University of Chichester Student Rep and Alumni
Your uni will have a repository. Search HERE and HERE and HERE

Hi @hemdinho! Your university should be able to provide you with a few examples of previous dissertations, or your uni library service should have a few online for you to view as well. Additionally, searching on Google might be a good option or speaking to students in the years above and asking directly if they wouldn't mind sending you their old dissertation to get some ideas from?

I hope this helps and good luck!

Emma
3rd year diagnostic radiography student

Google will probably show a few, but most dissertations arent publicly published, so its really a case of hoping people have uploaded them to publicly accessible repositories.

Most faculties will make some examples accessible when you are undertaking your disso.
There are a few universities which publish undergraduate & postgraduate dissertations on their websites. I've listed some examples below. Remember that your university will have specific requirements for your dissertation though, and this may well vary from the examples I've linked to. You should also treat these in the same manner as academic sources when it comes to using the information (properly cite them, etc.).

Hello @hemdinho. Try using google scholar if you have challenges with your school portal. PM if you encounter challenges

Quick Reply

Latest