AQA A-Level Politics Paper 2 - 7152/2 9 June 2022 [Exam chat]

Watch this thread
diya277
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

AQA A Level Politics Paper 2 7152/2 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]
Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June PM
Length: 2h

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
Last edited by Mythical Pingu; 2 months ago
diya277
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Mythical Pingu would you be able to put this as a link with the other forums?
YellowLight_
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
@Diya277 What do you fancy to come up?
Last edited by YellowLight_; 2 months ago
diya277
Rep:
(Original post by YellowLight_)
@Diya277 What do you fancy to come up?
I hope a pressure group source but that's unlikely to come up. If that's not the source, I hope it's voting behaviour. The essays are most likely on devolution/federalism and civil rights if you look at the advance info.
YellowLight_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by diya277)
I hope a pressure group source but that's unlikely to come up. If that's not the source, I hope it's voting behaviour. The essays are most likely on devolution/federalism and civil rights if you look at the advance info.
I agree about the essays. Why do you think a pressure group source is unlikely? I think "debates about" implies a source, but then I thought Parliament would be a paper 1 25 marker because they left the comment about "how effective they are" in the Advanced Info. In the end it was a 9.
Arabellaran
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hiya, I've been having a tad of trouble trying to brainstorm all the ways that essay questions on devolution/federalism and civil rights could be phrased or focused. Do you have any ideas? Thanks
diya277
Rep:
I agree about the essays. Why do you think a pressure group source is unlikely? I think "debates about" implies a source, but then I thought Parliament would be a paper 1 25 marker because they left the comment about "how effective they are" in the Advanced Info. In the end it was a 9.
I think that pressure groups came up as a source previously but I'm not sure which year (it might be just me thinking about my mock lol)
diya277
Rep:
(Original post by Arabellaran)
Hiya, I've been having a tad of trouble trying to brainstorm all the ways that essay questions on devolution/federalism and civil rights could be phrased or focused. Do you have any ideas? Thanks
My teacher sent a few practice questions so I'll send them here.

Devolution/federalism:
1. ‘The US Constitution allows for a greater degree of decentralisation than the UK Constitution.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
2. ‘Devolution and federalism now essentially function the same way.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
3. ‘Both the UK and the USA are now federal states.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
4. ‘Devolution increases decentralisation while federalism reduces it.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.

Civil rights:
1. ‘The US constitution better protects citizens’ rights than the UK constitution.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
2. ‘Civil rights are better protected by the judiciary in the USA than in the UK.' Analyse and evaluate this statement.
3. ‘Interest groups in the US are better at protecting civil rights than pressure groups in the UK.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.

Hope these help!!
Arabellaran
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 2 months ago

Devolution/federalism:
1. ‘The US Constitution allows for a greater degree of decentralisation than the UK Constitution.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
2. ‘Devolution and federalism now essentially function the same way.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
3. ‘Both the UK and the USA are now federal states.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
4. ‘Devolution increases decentralisation while federalism reduces it.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.

Civil rights:
1. ‘The US constitution better protects citizens’ rights than the UK constitution.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.
2. ‘Civil rights are better protected by the judiciary in the USA than in the UK.' Analyse and evaluate this statement.
3. ‘Interest groups in the US are better at protecting civil rights than pressure groups in the UK.’ Analyse and evaluate this statement.

Hope these help!!
That's brilliant, thank you so much!!
spacedragon62
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
hope the rational approach question isn't awful
diya277
Rep:
(Original post by spacedragon62)
hope the rational approach question isn't awful
Same - I hate it because it could be on anything
YellowLight_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Same - I hate it because it could be on anything
My hunch is members of Congress and MPs. This is the most likely topic that a) fits rational well; b) isn't going to be elsewhere on the paper; c) doesn't seem to have come up before (the judiciaries, which also fits a) and b), came up in 2020). Could be anything within reason, though, as you say
diya277
Rep:
My hunch is members of Congress and MPs. This is the most likely topic that a) fits rational well; b) isn't going to be elsewhere on the paper; c) doesn't seem to have come up before (the judiciaries, which also fits a) and b), came up in 2020). Could be anything within reason, though, as you say
True - judiciary is unlikely, especially in an essay
YellowLight_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone know what was on the Autumn 2021 "resit" paper?
Edi1234io
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 months ago

Devolution/federalism:

Civil rights:

Hope these help!!
Is there any point in revising both federalism and Civil rights since we get a choice? Or could we get 2 questions on the same topic?
diya277
Rep:
(Original post by Edi1234io)
Is there any point in revising both federalism and Civil rights since we get a choice? Or could we get 2 questions on the same topic?
You aren't going to get 2 questions of the same topic. I think it's up to you which one you revise but I'd revise both just in case one of the questions is worded weirdly or if you find one easier than the other
Edi1234io
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
You aren't going to get 2 questions of the same topic. I think it's up to you which one you revise but I'd revise both just in case one of the questions is worded weirdly or if you find one easier than the other
Thanks for the reply
YellowLight_
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I agree. You don't want to end up forced to do a stinker because you didn't revise the other topic. It's also theoretically possible other topics end up being essays, but realistically that's just my paranoia.

More positively, the topics also overlap, so it's useful to revise both. For example, rights protection and threats to rights on issues like abortion and voting rights are, or very soon will be, dependent on the US' federal structure. It's much harder to register to vote in Texas than it is in New Jersey post-Shelby, for example, and it will likely soon be impossible to access an abortion in Red States. The history of civil rights and race relations, at least up until the later 1960s, is also deeply bound up with federalism: it still is to an extent, as minorities are less likely to be able to get voter ID or issue a postal vote, and more likely to find themselves in a gerrymandered district, in the south.
spacedragon62
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Does anyone they will ask a rational question on a topic that is already coming up on the paper such as pressure groups for example ?
diya277
Rep:
(Original post by spacedragon62)
Does anyone they will ask a rational question on a topic that is already coming up on the paper such as pressure groups for example ?
I'm not sure really. Especially since AQA haven't said if it will be on non-advance info or not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (12)
17.65%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (24)
35.29%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (5)
7.35%
Speaking to staff members from universities (1)
1.47%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (7)
10.29%
Reading articles about what steps to take (14)
20.59%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (2)
2.94%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads