44.44%
Not so good (35)
16.91%
Terrible! (8)
3.86%
Mythical Pingu
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 3 7357/3 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
cronkmax
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
any predictions? or good papers based off of the advanced info that are free?
goodnightae
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cronkmax)
any predictions? or good papers based off of the advanced info that are free?
i wish </3 i swear there is like no aqa resources out here
cronkmax
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
do you think any of the large data set will come up??
AliceKS
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by cronkmax)
do you think any of the large data set will come up??
even if it does it's to a max of 3 marks so I'd only really revise it if you have time to just recap some basic facts about it, mostly common sense I think from past paper experiences
Tylerr04
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
New Tom Bennison predicted paper out for this one, no solutions yet but we could share whatever we got here and make our own mark scheme

http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3.pdf
Tylerr04
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tylerr04)
New Tom Bennison predicted paper out for this one, no solutions yet but we could share whatever we got here and make our own mark scheme

http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3.pdf
Went ahead and did it myself anyway so thought i'd share my answers, no guarantee that they're right so let me know if anyone got different
Spoiler:
Show
1. Top Left answer

2. First Answer

3. 3rd Answer (M)

4a. (3x-2)/(3-x), x=/= 3
4b. Function has a Many-to-One relationship of x and g(x) so no inverse

5. Proof eventually reaching in b^2 - 4ac = 0, but equation is < 0 (probably wrong)

6a. Rate of Chance of Surface Area = 2b/r
6b. 1cm^3/sec

7a. y is not -9.8 and has a function for its value
7b. 100m
7c. For t > 10, 40t < 4t^2 so negative y value, not possible for a rocket model

8a. a = (3√3)/2 b = 3/2
8b. 5π/6, 11π/6

9a. logV = loga + tlogb
9b. In order from left to right, 3.99, 4.29, 4.59, 4.90
9c. Put values from 9c into graph, draw line of best fit through all points, a ≈ 9770 b ≈ 1.15 (will be a range of values to accept)
9d. £425,340 (will be a range of values to accept ), likely inaccurate as uses rounded values from part c and will only uses data up to 2011 which may be irrelevant for later years

10a. (-1, -2) is the stationary point
10b. Domain: x =/= -2, x =/= 0 Range: f(x) > 0, f(x) <= -2
10c. (-1.618, -3.236), (-1, -2), (0.618, 1.236)

11. Fourth answer, √10

12a. Top right answer, All 3300 Households
12b. Top left answer, Systematic

13. - Will not include any concerns from new students in Year 12, - Will not reflect the full population

14a. - Only 2 outcomes of the parachute game (fail or succeed), - The chance of each landing being accurate is the same each time - The chance of each landing being accurate is unaffected by any other attempts
14b. 0.2898
14c. 0.08398
14d. As he plays more on each day, he will become better so the chance of success on each day will become higher

15a. 9 in McDonalds only, 6 in KFC only, 6 in Both, 5 outside both circles
15b. P(Both) = 3/13. If independent this should be 45/169 so not independent
15c. P(Both or Either) = 29/60

16a. Large data set only has data from a few UK regions and not the whole country, so does not reflect the data for the whole country and Rupi's conclusion is incorrect
16b. It is a bad choice because - The bell curve/model/graph predicts some data will be negative which is not possible for a reading of CO, - The data is not symmetrical around the mean so cannot be normally distributed accurately

17a. Not enough information to answer question, but assuming the question relates to 17b using a sample of 30, Sample Mean < 155.9 or Sample Mean > 184.1
17b.
h0: μ = 170 h1: μ =/= 170.
(Using critical region found in 17a or using other method got me p = 0.00013)
reject h0
sufficient evidence to suggest the diet has changed the levels of cholesterol in the teenage boys

18ai. £88.70
18aii. £5.68
18b. (I might have ai and aii wrong because this wasnt quite right but) The maximum and minimum of the data falls within or close to 3 standard deviations of the mean
18ci. 0
18cii. 0.769
18d. m = £90.43

19. h0: p = 0.09, h1: p < 0.09
X Represents the number of faulty signs, X ~ B(40, 0.09)
P(X <= 3) = 0.51
accept h0
Insufficient evidence to suggest the new manufacturer has reduced the proportion of faulty signs
51 % > 5% significance level
helen2015
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Thanks so much for posting for the practice paper and your answers Tylerr04, there certainly isn't much out there for AQA this year. My son has this paper tomorrow and he's just hit the panic point in revision where he feels like he's forgotten everything he knows! Hopefully working through this paper will remind him that its all there really.
Tylerr04
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by helen2015)
Thanks so much for posting for the practice paper and your answers Tylerr04, there certainly isn't much out there for AQA this year. My son has this paper tomorrow and he's just hit the panic point in revision where he feels like he's forgotten everything he knows! Hopefully working through this paper will remind him that its all there really.
Official solutions are out now, glad I could be of help
http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3_MS.pdf
Inshrah
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
can someone summarise 'critique statistical sampling' real quick plss
AliceKS
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Inshrah)
can someone summarise 'critique statistical sampling' real quick plss
i think it's just knowing methods of sampling and their pros and cons so that you can talk about why a method is/isn't good
we only have to know five methods i think (quota, stratified, systematic, opportunity and simple random) and there's a table in the book 1 textbook that summarises it pretty well - just rote memorisation from a flashcard really
Tylerr04
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AliceKS)
i think it's just knowing methods of sampling and their pros and cons so that you can talk about why a method is/isn't good
we only have to know five methods i think (quota, stratified, systematic, opportunity and simple random) and there's a table in the book 1 textbook that summarises it pretty well - just rote memorisation from a flashcard really
cluster sampling too
Capoter
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Official solutions are out now, glad I could be of help
http://ifem.co.uk/2022/AQA_A_Level_2022_Paper_3_MS.pdf
18C ii : is answer correct??
Political_Weirdo
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Capoter)
I'm not certain if the mark scheme version is correct because I used a graphical calculator with the specific regions and got the same answer as Tyler.
Tylerr04
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Political_Weirdo)
I'm not certain if the mark scheme version is correct because I used a graphical calculator with the specific regions and got the same answer as Tyler.
(Original post by Capoter)
You can get 2 different values for the standard deviation in 18aii depending on whether you divided by 100 or 99. The mark scheme uses the value for dividing by 99 (because you use 1 less than the sample size in calculations of a sample and not whole population) but I think we both divided by 100. If you got 5.68 and the same answer for me for 18Cii then that's right as well.

Both answers would be right in an exam but a real exam question probably wouldn't have the 2 possible values of standard deviation be so hugely different
Tylerr04
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
oh also question 6a the worked solution puts it in terms of A and b for some reason. the worked solution is equivalent to 2b/r
astar_123
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
oh also question 6a the worked solution puts it in terms of A and b for some reason. the worked solution is equivalent to 2b/r
thats what i got aswell - was kinda confused why the mark scheme method did all that weird re arranging
keanureeeves
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Mythical Pingu)

AQA A Level Mathematics Paper 3 7357/3 - 21 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Tuesday 21st June PM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
good luck everybody Im so nervous cuz I flopped paper 1 and 2 everything is riding on thissss
helen2015
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by keanureeeves)
good luck everybody Im so nervous cuz I flopped paper 1 and 2 everything is riding on thissss
Lots of people saying paper 1 was really hard (including lots of teachers) so you might not have done as badly as you think. Good luck this afternoon everyone!!
keanureeeves
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
thank u for the reassurance Helen
(Original post by helen2015)
Lots of people saying paper 1 was really hard (including lots of teachers) so you might not have done as badly as you think. Good luck this afternoon everyone!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (44)
32.12%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (62)
45.26%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (30)
21.9%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.73%

Watched Threads