The Student Room Group

Gcse physics 2022

Is there much to revise for physics paper 1 (AQA) apart from practicing questions?
Original post by tuiiiiii
Is there much to revise for physics paper 1 (AQA) apart from practicing questions?

I dont think so tbh they have removed a lot compared to other subjects and boards so there isnt much other than the required practicals
Original post by tuiiiiii

Not really since you don't need to memorise the equations since they're now given, and the rest of the paper (apart from calculations) are basically common sense.
Original post by bears15
Not really since you don't need to memorise the equations since they're now given, and the rest of the paper (apart from calculations) are basically common sense.

Nah theres still theory behind it
paper 2 is full of calculations but paper 1 has a lot of theory id say u can revise a lot for it
Reply 4
Does anyone know what questions could be appearing in this physics paper?
Original post by Jean Man
Does anyone know what questions could be appearing in this physics paper?

for combined i think there will be questions on radiation and contamination, energy, history of the atom, particle model and pressure
i think there'll be a question on national grid
Reply 6
Original post by jamest0394q
for combined i think there will be questions on radiation and contamination, energy, history of the atom, particle model and pressure
i think there'll be a question on national grid

thanks that is helpful
Original post by Jean Man
thanks that is helpful

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/content/summer-2022/AQA-8464-AI-22.PDF
heres the advanced information for combined id recommend revising things that arent mentioned at all as well
For triple Physics is anyone still revising Electricity and circuits even though it is mentioned as one of the topics that is not assessed , other than the topics mentioned in NOT ASSESED i am revising everything else . Just wanted to get someone else's view on it

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/content/summer-2022/AQA-8464-AI-22.PDF
heres the advanced information for combined id recommend revising things that arent mentioned at all as well
Original post by Ethan Silveira
For triple Physics is anyone still revising Electricity and circuits even though it is mentioned as one of the topics that is not assessed , other than the topics mentioned in NOT ASSESED i am revising everything else . Just wanted to get someone else's view on it

No definitely not. If it's stated in the advanced information I'm trusting AQA and not revising it.
Original post by bears15
No definitely not. If it's stated in the advanced information I'm trusting AQA and not revising it.

Has the combined aqa paper happened yet? Because for the physics paper for aqa they put questions on topics they said definitely weren't coming up. They have however stated that we will get the full 9 marks worth of the questions but apparently they also made the mistake in other papers.
Original post by Mitullesh
Has the combined aqa paper happened yet? Because for the physics paper for aqa they put questions on topics they said definitely weren't coming up. They have however stated that we will get the full 9 marks worth of the questions but apparently they also made the mistake in other papers.

i do combined and nah there wasnt any mistakes in ours
i do combined and nah there wasnt any mistakes in ours

fair enough, I'm worried for physics paper 2 they better not mess that up!
fair enough, I'm worried for physics paper 2 they better not mess that up!

Yh but then again if they do theyll award u marks for what wasnt supposed to be on
Yh but then again if they do theyll award u marks for what wasnt supposed to be on

Yh but it is annoying and very stressful during a 1hr 45 min exam to have questions that weren't suppose to come up be thrown at you.
Yh but it is annoying and very stressful during a 1hr 45 min exam to have questions that weren't suppose to come up be thrown at you.

yh thats true never thought of it like that

Quick Reply

Latest