The Student Room Group

unseen poetry HELP

for the 8 mark question, do you do one paragraph on the first poem, and then another on the second poem whilst comparing them,

OR

do you do para one: poem one, however poem two
para two: poem one, however poem two

also, how many quotes do you need for each poem and do you need an introduction?
:bump:
i'm planning on doing some practice qs for poetry today so if anyone could reply i'd really appreciate it!
Original post by thrivingfrog
for the 8 mark question, do you do one paragraph on the first poem, and then another on the second poem whilst comparing them,

OR

do you do para one: poem one, however poem two
para two: poem one, however poem two

also, how many quotes do you need for each poem and do you need an introduction?

I got told that it's best to do 2 paragraphs comparing poem one to poem two in each. I don't think an introduction is necessary but you should make clear what you're doing in the start of each para/topic sentence.

My teacher also told me that when thinking about how many quotes to include, just half the number of marks the question is worth, so for the 8 marker, 4 should suffice (but it depends on how in depth your analysis is).
Original post by bears15
I got told that it's best to do 2 paragraphs comparing poem one to poem two in each. I don't think an introduction is necessary but you should make clear what you're doing in the start of each para/topic sentence.

My teacher also told me that when thinking about how many quotes to include, just half the number of marks the question is worth, so for the 8 marker, 4 should suffice (but it depends on how in depth your analysis is).

Tysm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending