The Student Room Group

Cardiff or Nottingham, for Biochemistry ?

Hey,

The deadline to firm my uni is coming up and I still have no idea which uni to firm.
Cardiff city is nicer but Nottingham campus seems nicer (and most people are telling me to go for Nottingham)

Any advice?
I'm doing biochemistry btw

Thank you in advance :smile:
Hey,

The deadline to firm my uni is coming up and I still have no idea which uni to firm.
Cardiff city is nicer but Nottingham campus seems nicer (and most people are telling me to go for Nottingham)

Any advice?

Will be interested in which one you choose and why....my daughter is looking to apply to bith unis this year for Biochem also....We're visiting Cardiff this weekend and went to Nottm a couple of days ago. Nottingham didn't do a great job at selling the uni or the course, seemed quite disorgainsed but she loved the sports and the campus and on paper, it looks like a great uni for Biochem
Original post by Julieb3108
Will be interested in which one you choose and why....my daughter is looking to apply to bith unis this year for Biochem also....We're visiting Cardiff this weekend and went to Nottm a couple of days ago. Nottingham didn't do a great job at selling the uni or the course, seemed quite disorgainsed but she loved the sports and the campus and on paper, it looks like a great uni for Biochem

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.
I have studied both biology and chemistry (sadly not biochem) through my natural sciences degree. Through this I have also been in the same lectures and labs as biochem students.

I have personally really enjoyed my experience studying at the uni. The lecturers are always happy to answer any questions at the end of lectures or over email and all seem to be really invested into what they are researching and teaching. I think the campus is really nice and the buildings have good places to study either alone or in groups. The labs at the uni are really impressive and a good place to build up experience.

If you have any questions about the uni just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

Any advice?

Hey,

I am a current 3rd year student at the uni of Nottingham.

I would agree that the campus is a really nice place to study and the uni as a whole has a lot to offer.

When making your choice I would recommend visiting both if you can. Sometimes you just get a feel for the uni and what you want.
Nottingham has a city also has a lot to offer for students. With there being 2 big unis in the city there is always student discounts and student nights at restaurants, bars and clubs.

If you have any questions about the uni just let me know,
Emily :smile:
Hey! I chose Cardiff in the end.

The sports and campus at nottingham did look really cool but I decided not to choose based on that. I found Cardiff to have better vibes in my opinion and the uni generally has more focus on the sciences. However, Cardiff sport facilities are apparently not great if thats an affecting factor. Also, for biochem first year atCardiff they do a common year, so she would do all biological sciences, which might be helpful for the future as its more widespread. those are mainly the things that made me choose Cardiff. hope it helps!
Original post by Julieb3108

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending