I have a job interview tomorrow. Any tips?

Watch this thread
I'mnotginger
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This would be my first proper job if I get it. It's at a market stall cafe type place for anyone wondering
Proxenus
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 months ago
green tea and ashwagandha before interview
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Smile. Good luck. You can surely do this. Interviews are the easy part for me at least. The hard bit is waiting afterwards in order to actually hear back from them. To ace your career interview prep pretty well for it. Make some summary brief notes. Focus. Expect all types of questions.
Mohammed_80
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by I'mnotginger)
This would be my first proper job if I get it. It's at a market stall cafe type place for anyone wondering
Hi buddy, remain calm and composed and take each question logically some questions maybe scenario based so you may need to use past and previous experience as an example to guide you and just be professional, remembering to maintain eye contact, dress code wear something smart and posh so it represents you and you set yourself off professionally and quite enthusiastically. Remain honest and speak the truth which I’m sure you will and ensure you take each and every single document required that includes right to work.
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by Proxenus)
green tea and ashwagandha before interview
Used to drink green tea by the gallon lmao just got out of the habit of drinking it. Will definitely do this, ty!
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Smile. Good luck. You can surely do this. Interviews are the easy part for me at least. The hard bit is waiting afterwards in order to actually hear back from them. To ace your career interview prep pretty well for it. Make some summary brief notes. Focus. Expect all types of questions.
Yes, I was thinking of preparing for it almost like a test /exam. Ty very much
I'mnotginger
Rep:
(Original post by Mohammed_80)
Hi buddy, remain calm and composed and take each question logically some questions maybe scenario based so you may need to use past and previous experience as an example to guide you and just be professional, remembering to maintain eye contact, dress code wear something smart and posh so it represents you and you set yourself off professionally and quite enthusiastically. Remain honest and speak the truth which I’m sure you will and ensure you take each and every single document required that includes right to work.
Thank you for the tips, guys!
Mohammed_80
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Thank you for the tips, guys!
Your welcome best of luck!!!
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I've not got any tips, but good luck! I hope you get the job.
Tracey_W
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Be early.
Try not to be nervous.
Answer any questions from the person who is doing the interview with you.
You are trying to be the best candidate for the job.
Explain perhaps how you would deal with a annoying customer or another staff member.
Explain what previous experience you have for this job if any but you will still be trained on what to do if successful.

Few other examples questions that you could be asked -
So, tell me about yourself.
What is your favourite drink to make
What do you consider your top strengths
How do you handle stress at work
Why do you think you are a good fit for this position
How would your previous supervisor describe you
Why do you want to work here

Ask them any questions as well if you have any.
Tell them that you are available xxx days and hours but be flexible as well.
Last edited by Tracey_W; 2 months ago
jiajane
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
First of all don’t be nervous! Think of the interview as a formal conversation between u and ur friend. Ur interviewer may ask u about urself e.g., interests, hobbies. This will allow them to get a gist of ur character/personality and form their first impression. So do be prepared to give a nice answer.

Expect some scenario based questions which will test ur judgement & character traits. It’s fairly easy as u’re simply applying ur logic & role e.g., How would you deal with a challenging customer/ colleague? and so on. Would be also great to apply ur previous work experiences (if u do have some). Always apply the responsibilities of the job in ur answers to highlight u’re the perfect candidate for the job. Finally express ur work flexibility for bonus points.
Good luck on ur interview! Hope u get the job!
I'mnotginger
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by jiajane)
First of all don’t be nervous! Think of the interview as a formal conversation between u and ur friend. Ur interviewer may ask u about urself e.g., interests, hobbies. This will allow them to get a gist of ur character/personality and form their first impression. So do be prepared to give a nice answer.

Expect some scenario based questions which will test ur judgement & character traits. It’s fairly easy as u’re simply applying ur logic & role e.g., How would you deal with a challenging customer/ colleague? and so on. Would be also great to apply ur previous work experiences (if u do have some). Always apply the responsibilities of the job in ur answers to highlight u’re the perfect candidate for the job. Finally express ur work flexibility for bonus points.
Good luck on ur interview! Hope u get the job!
Thank you all for your tips and encouraging words! I did in fact get the job and very much enjoying it I've already made over £100 in 4 weeks!
Ghostlady
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They may ask if you have any questions, so might be worth thinking of one or two.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (121)
40.6%
They're exactly what I expected (73)
24.5%