Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering if anyone on the TSR is applying for Cambridge Scholarships or not ...

ReputationRep:
    International students cannot apply, as far as I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelafleming)
    International students cannot apply, as far as I know.
    Well, my thread was directed towards ALL Cambridge applicants, not just International ones. Plus, aren't organ scholarships, for example, open to all applicants? Perhaps I'm wrong then o_O. Well even so, there's still the Prince Philip Scholarship that was set up especially for students from Hong Kong to apply.

I was just wondering.

ReputationRep:
    Most scholarships that I know of are awarded once you're here, based on performance in Tripos exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Most scholarships that I know of are awarded once you're here, based on performance in Tripos exams.
    So.... no potential organ scholars or anything?

Aww

ReputationRep:
    Oh no - organ scholarships and choral scholarships are awarded before you start - I think you apply alongside your normal UCAS application? But academic ones are usually only given once already there AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of applying for a scholarship. The Lord Northfield Scholarship at Emmanuel College for West Indian students; I stated on my COAF that I was applying for entry via it etc. I think there are other similar college specific scholarships awarded to people from particular international regions.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    St Catharine's College Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Sep '18
  3. University of Cambridge
    King's College Undergraduate
    Tue, 18 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.