Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    I would be interested in finding out the scores too. I think to save time, they should send this information with the emails (successful or not).
    I agree, they shoud give the score and/or the ranking out of your particular specialty.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else on here interview for Haematology? I have read a lot about Medical Physics, Clinical Engineers and Genetics! One of the people in my stream didn't turn up for interview, so there were only 3 of us. I suppose its a long shot to expect anyone else at my interview on 11th to be on here!

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that the only feedback from interview that we will get is the scores?

Also if you haven't got your degree yet, do you think they will say "we will only have you if you get a first!?" I suppose that gives the 'reserves' a chance to get a job, if the applicant does not get the degree they want after all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenAli)
    Do you think that the only feedback from interview that we will get is the scores?

Also if you haven't got your degree yet, do you think they will say "we will only have you if you get a first!?" I suppose that gives the 'reserves' a chance to get a job, if the applicant does not get the degree they want after all!

I doubt it because on my application I said I was expected to get a 2.i. If that was the case then there is no chance I could have been shortlisted. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they made that a condition if I were to be offered a job.

ReputationRep:
    where are the clinical engineers??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GraduateSK)
    where are the clinical engineers??!!
    I thought that I read about people discussing Clinical Engineer posts a few weeks back.

I wish I had found this thread a bit earlier, as I went to my interview being what I thought was prepared, and ended up having to wing it. At least I will know for next year. I don't hold out much hope for this year sadly.

I really wanted Oxford Radcliffe for Haematology, but was interviewed at one station by someone from there and I messed up a few questions. I don't think they will want me after all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by George Agdgdgwngo)
    I doubt it because on my application I said I was expected to get a 2.i. If that was the case then there is no chance I could have been shortlisted. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they made that a condition if I were to be offered a job.
    I put on my application that I was predicted at 1st, but I have had a run of 2.1 marks since then, so I may end up with a 2.1. IF they offer it to me with on the condition of getting a 1st, the pressure will be HUGE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QueenAli)
    I put on my application that I was predicted at 1st, but I have had a run of 2.1 marks since then, so I may end up with a 2.1. IF they offer it to me with on the condition of getting a 1st, the pressure will be HUGE!
    Yeah, theres a possibility of me getting a first, but with the interview etc it took a week off my studying which was a major blow so I'm not so sure now! I know my 40 credit dissertation class was marked at a 1st but I've still got 80 credits worth of exams to get through, so that doesn't mean much at the moment unfortunately!

Fingers crossed, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    i just called them.
    excuse = bank holidays!

answer = middle to the end of May sometime
    since i was interviewed on the first day I'll be one of the first to hear. but it will still be sometime after the bank holiday.....
    and since she couldn't tell me "it will be next week" or something similar, I'm thinking its going to be late May rather than any time soon.

looks like theres going to be sooooo much more waiting ............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisecc)
    i just called them.
    excuse = bank holidays!

since i was interviewed on the first day I'll be one of the first to hear. but it will still be sometime after the bank holiday.....
    and since she couldn't tell me "it will be next week" or something similar, I'm thinking its going to be late May rather than any time soon.

ffs, as if they didn't know bout Bank Holidays beforehand! well, I have another job offer to reply to by this Thursday, so I guess it means I'm out of the game.. They should seriously sort out their timings..
    Did you call on the number in the e-mail (0121 695 2411)?

ReputationRep:
    i just called them.
    excuse = bank holidays!

Not really acceptable I don't think. It's not as if they didn't know about the bank holidays before the interviews! I'm getting very fed-up with all this waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triwka)
    ffs, as if they didn't know bout Bank Holidays beforehand! well, I have another job offer to reply to by this Thursday, so I guess it means I'm out of the game.. They should seriously sort out their timings..
    Did you call on the number in the e-mail (0121 695 2411)?
    its the fact that they said 3 weeks or the 28th .... yet 4 planned bank holidays will delay it by 2 to 4 weeks???
    its crazy!

yup i called 0121 695 2411
    she wasn't particularly apologetic - just blamed the bank hols.

with further bullying you might be able to pull a date out of them for when they will begin with the clinical engineers/medical physics?

ReputationRep:
    That's ridiculous! Fair enough it's the first year and all that, but over a month to sort this out is unacceptable! Some people have lives to get on with/sort out.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've sent an email asking when I should be expecting a response from the interview, but I'm not even sure if they'll get back to it!

Surely they must know the ranking for people how were interviewed 3 weeks ago!

ReputationRep:
    That's insane! I'm with you guys ... it's as if the bank holidays came as a surprise or something!
    I wasn't interviewed till the 15th either, so I guess I've still got a long wait ahead of me ...
    Just want to know so I can start planning what I'm going to do next, one way or another. This whole process has been rather frustrating!

ReputationRep:
    its the fact that they said 3 weeks or the 28th .... yet 4 planned bank holidays will delay it by 2 to 4 weeks???
    its crazy!

yup i called 0121 695 2411
    she wasn't particularly apologetic - just blamed the bank hols.

with further bullying you might be able to pull a date out of them for when they will begin with the clinical engineers/medical physics?
    Just off the phone with her - heard same excuses about Easter and them being back for the first day, blah blah blah. They are NOW doing Clinical Engineers, and IF they get all necessary information (no idea what this means) we MAY hear by Thursday. She's given me no promises though, so I have a feeling she said that just to get rid of me. I'll try them again on Thursday.. Really really angry and frustrated.

ReputationRep:
    Completely useless, I just phoned also and they said those interviewed on day 1 should hear by the 17th may, those who got interviewed last by 30th may. They really should not be allowed to get away with this, we were specifically told 3 weeks, not 6-7!!! At least we all know now, pitty those who have not been contributing/reading this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mogchsg2)
    Completely useless, I just phoned also and they said those interviewed on day 1 should hear by the 17th may, those who got interviewed last by 30th may. They really should not be allowed to get away with this, we were specifically told 3 weeks, not 6-7!!! At least we all know now, pitty those who have not been contributing/reading this thread.
    She said 3 weeks was "the wrong information" provided to us.. Yeah, slightly wrong - I just guess they couldn't say "2 months" on the interview day as people would get pissed off straight away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by triwka)
    She said 3 weeks was "the wrong information" provided to us.. Yeah, slightly wrong - I just guess they couldn't say "2 months" on the interview day as people would get pissed off straight away!
    and i suppose the "28th April" plastered on every single nhs document regarding STP recruitment timetable is also "the wrong information" lol

ReputationRep:
    and i suppose the "28th April" plastered on every single nhs document regarding STP recruitment timetable is also "the wrong information" lol
    After the shambles of the recruitment process, I'm not sure that I want to be a guinea pig for the Training process!

I'm going to leave telephoning until Thursday afternoon. Maybe all the calls will give them a kick up the backside... or most likely not.

I cannot believe how long this is all taking. Surely ranking people's scores out of 80 should not take this long!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.